Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks & Spencer in Waterford

• 06-09-2010 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Is there one? If yes - where!?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Clonmel is the nearest one mate ,none here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Was in Cork last week and in M&S the cashier must have thought I was mad with 2 baskets full of cookies and teacakes to beat the band!!!

Wish theyd hurry on and build 1!!!

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Their Tuna is epic too.

John west is muck compared to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Don't waste your time going to Clonmel. Joke of a shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

At least they have one, small as it is. What is it about Wateford that keeps so many away? Easons, M&S, Brown Thomas Group, Debenhams only here due to Roaches takeover, Maplin, Dorothy Perkins, and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Maplin would go down a treat! No decent electronics stores at all in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Waterford has a long history of companys closing due to strikes. Was told this by a senior person from a department store, Unions are to strong here.

M+S clonmel got two years rent free. Id be surprised if they stay longer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Waterford has a long history of companys closing due to strikes. Was told this by a senior person from a department store, Unions are to strong here.

Can you name even one department store that closed due to a strike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Were they refused planning permission because they did'nt want to be in the city center? I seem to recall hearing that somewhere before.

IIRC weren't they the achor tennant for the doomed retail park put by six cross roads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

mike65 wrote: »
    At least they have one, small as it is. What is it about Wateford that keeps so many away? Easons, M&S, Brown Thomas Group, Debenhams only here due to Roaches takeover, Maplin, Dorothy Perkins, and so on.

We have Dorothy Perkins, its in Shaws. The shops in Waterford are a joke, Im headin to Blanchardstown friday for a proper shopping spree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

dayshah wrote: »
    Can you name even one department store that closed due to a strike?

I cant, im just saying what i was told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

By a senior person from a department store. Hardly unbiased when it comes to the people stopping them screwing employees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

ziedth wrote: »
    IIRC weren't they the achor tennant for the doomed retail park put by six cross roads?

Is there anything going to be done with that place at all. It's a proper waste!

^ I don't think there can be without great expense, something with the design of the place being wrong on the inside or sonething. It's a real waste alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Yummm M&S sushi, I want you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ziedth wrote: »
    ^ I don't think there can be without great expense, something with the design of the place being wrong on the inside or sonething. It's a real waste alright.
    Is that the place thats all facing the wrong way? :confused:

It must be the same ya,

Crazy when you think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

heard a rumour that they were in the running for the new center in ferrybank, until they were beaten by Dunnes, who pulled out after construction! Rumour had it that Dunnes were never intending on going in there, but just wanted to keep M&S out. Cant back it up with facts (or pics as tinternet so often requests), pure rumour and speculation but food for thought

Advertisement