If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Home theatre System

Options
  • 06-09-2010 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi
    Can somebody quote me for a new 5:1 /6:1 Amp with speakers and a dvd player. Budget around €1000 but will go up to around €1500. The Speakers must be in white.
    Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Paul.

Thanks for the post and I'll try and give you a few options.

Firstly, the speakers.

The Boston XS5.1 pack is a great little speaker package that is available in white and has won quite a few awards recently. Priced now at £319.95 / €399.

The next step up is the Monitor Audio Vector package. These speakers are physically bigger than the Boston's but they do provide a better frequency range and are also available in white. This package is heavily reduced to £399.95 / €499

The other alternative which is a huge step up, is the Monitor Audio Radius package. You'll find quite a few boardies who have gone for radius and they just love it.

The Radius package could consist of :

Radius 90's - Fronts
    Radius 45's - Rears
    Radius 180 - Centre
    Radius 360 - Sub

This package comes in at £860 / €1075 but if you are buying the lot, I may be able to do you a better deal on this.

This is an excellent system that is both very nicely finished and has the sound to match.

For A/V receiver to go with any of these speakers, again there are a few options.

The most popular at the moment being the Denon AVR1911 which is £449.95 and has video upscaling. A brilliant receiver that has lots of features and again is a 5* what Hifi award winner.

Alternatively, the Pioneer VSX920 which has just also received a 5* what Hifi award and comes with a really cool ipod control app, is a seriously good recevier also. I have had Pioneer's for years and I can recommend this one whole heartedly.

Let me know what you think of the above and if you give me an idea as to any preferences you have, I can PM you quote including a blu-ray player.

Cheers

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.