Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in UL

Options
  • 06-09-2010 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there are any free car parks, or park and ride facilities, in or near to UL. I need to get to the Languages Building/Concert Hall tomorrow at 9.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Hey,

There is a free car park right behind the university concert hall. Come in the main gate, go left at the first roundabout, go straight to the next roundabout and take the 3rd exit.

However, free parking is quite the commodity in UL, and you really have to get there early in order to get a space. There are a few pay car parks.

Here is a campus map with the car parks on it.

http://www.ul.ie/main/places/campus.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Podgoricka

you may be in early to get a place!! I.E. before Half 8 to get the free carparking!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

That won't be a problem, I'll be in very early. I was told today I got accepted for an MA course, and I start tomorrow. I've never even been on the campus before so it will be a baptism of fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Podgoricka

dont worry at all.. look out for the guys in orange tee shirts in most of the buildings and they will point u in the right direction! best of luck!

Thanks guys. Where can I find the fees office? I normally don't need to be spoonfed but this is all happening at lightning speed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dermotsull13

Look for the sloped glass building on the main square. Go into that building and head up the steps to the left. Student services is just around the corner. If I remember back to my days in UL I think that is where fees and stuff gets paided....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Furet wrote: »
    That won't be a problem, I'll be in very early. I was told today I got accepted for an MA course, and I start tomorrow. I've never even been on the campus before so it will be a baptism of fire!

Traffic can be somewhat slow moving in the morning. Much more so the closer to 9 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

parking in UL is a bit of a disaster really!

I was astonished at how dominant cars are in UL. Having previously been at UCC, the contrast was shocking for me. I think the €3 per day fee at some car parks is pretty alright actually. Still finding my bearings by the way! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

absolute joke.....came in an hour before a lecture today and by the time i found an even paid for space, i was still 5 mins late for class and miles from the building i wanted to be near, its a disgrace ! first yr btw ! so slowly starting to realise coming in at 8 and staying to 6 might be the best option next from week !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

iPwnage wrote: »
    absolute joke.....came in an hour before a lecture today and by the time i found an even paid for space, i was still 5 mins late for class and miles from the building i wanted to be near, its a disgrace ! first yr btw ! so slowly starting to realise coming in at 8 and staying to 6 might be the best option next from week !

I usually try all the free car parks quickly. If there is no sign of a place I usually try the €3 car park opposite the courtyard. Otherwise I end up behind the schuman.

€3 all day parking is reasonable but must be a pain for anyone coming in for just 1 hr at a time.

When I was at the cp opposite the court yard, there was a queue of cars waiting to get it, only one could go in as another came out ! Then try and find that empty spot, insane

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

There is loads of space, you just have to get used to it. There are 2 car parks by the arena and the stables and the pay car park on the way to the boathouse. U can park anywhere after 5 for free too.

Most cars wont move until classes are over so no movement until 10 to the hour. Never taken more then 15mins to get parked in UL and in my 5th year here (postgrad). Do u not live near the college? How about cycle or walk, being a 1st year it would be better because u will be drinking and if driving will miss some of the fun.:D

I'm well aware of all the carparks around, being a first year... I'm a 30 yr old with a child in the UL crèche, I've all my partying done many moons ago thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Apologies if you took it up the wrong way, was just looking to help out and was unaware of your circumstance and not undermining being a 1st year. Was just trying to help as asked:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Amazing that people (not necessarily all those on this thread) feel that UL or any other Uni / College owes them a parking space. You worked hard and earned yourself a college place, not a parking space. It is particularly galling to see people who live on campus or in the nearby estates still drive from their residences to be closer to the main buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlanFurl

Hi

I'll be driving down from Dublin to UL tomorrow afternoon, so just wondering about parking. I'm thinking it should be fairly quiet, with it being Easter Sunday and all?!?! (Haven't been to UL before.)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms.Cosmo

You'll get parking no problem on a weekend,, especially tomorrow as all car parks are free and open to anyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlanFurl

Ms.Cosmo wrote: »
    You'll get parking no problem on a weekend,, especially tomorrow as all car parks are free and open to anyone :-)

Great, you were right! Parked in the car park just outside The Stables. Found it no problem (without sat nav)!

Advertisement