Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Internet before the internet...

Options
  • 06-09-2010 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Ok you are about to read one of the most important posts of the 21st century.
    Possibly the most important post of all the centuries since the first blog, dating back to 300B.C when a disgruntled Egyptian slave decided he had enough of his back breaking laybour and wanted to complain about it. Evidence of this can be found on the 31st stone on the south-west corner of the Pyramid of Giza. There, you will find a small yet clearly distingused picture of "King Tut Sux Butts LOL".
    This is followed by a depiction of the ancient troller being taken away my the pharohs bodygards with the title, "FFFUUUUUUUUUUU".
    The ancient troll can be followed through history, bringing great influence with it. Henry VIII had most of his wives killed not because they couldn't concieve a boy, but because of their epic LOLZ at his expense. "My King hath weiner fail ROFL. His milkshake bring no boys to the yard. If thou knowest what be intentional."

The first recorded post was made soon after this. "FML! I be chopping bitches heads all day bro. They see them rollin' they hatin' LOL."
    Due to Henry VIII's influence in the church, trolling was adopted as the cornerstone of Catholism. "Jesus is lord fags!!1!!!"

After the Dark ages trolling, posting, goofs etc. calmed down greatly. They rose at significant events in history such as WW1&2, JFK assassination and the Chernobyl incident, but they once again stopped.

When the internet was created it was seen as a gateway to another world. The stuff of science fiction. There was this belief that if everone on the planet could be connected to one another that we could connect to different planets, and possibly different life forms.

60 years later. We have discovered RE-discovered a way of trolling, posting, goofing, failing, n00bing the likes of which have never been seen. Not only that, but we are free to do it as we wish. We are not supressed like our 5000 yearold troller friend. We are free to comment on whos hot and whos not. Whos gay and whos straight. Who should die and who should eat pie.
    We have discovered a way of allowing anyone to create. We have in our possession, ULTIMATE FREEDOM.
    Take me for example. I have utterly Failed this post. Do I feel bad? no!
    The internet can make moderetly attractive women godesses beyond Cleopatra or Helen of Troy.

Throughout history we have had memes. Now we have such powerful memes that one single act can leave a nobody more famous than the president of the country he/she is from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Not sure how to critique the above, but it reminds me of a trip to Pompei I took few years back. My view of history as stuffy and boring was obliterated when I discovered via 2,000 year old graffiti that "Marcvs has a big d*ck" (translated from the original Latin). It gave me a completely new perspective on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Antilles wrote: »
    "Marcvs has a big d*ck" (translated from the original Latin).

"I have a vewy good fwiend in Wome..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 happysod

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I would love to offer critique. But as I'm only learning all I can say is:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]O the days of the Kerry dancing.;)[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

It makes you lose your rose tinted glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

Nice Pratchett-esque style linking history with modernity...gave me the giggles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement