Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big car park with pay points in front of sports centre?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

In the big car park over by the sports centre with the pay points does anyone know what the max. stay is? Would it be possible to park there for a whole day? I went for a look around UCD today it had lots of spaces left late. Only thing is it had no lines dividing the spaces which could be dodgy with people hitting your car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I've never used that particular car park but sometimes if I couldn't get a free space I'd pay until lunch time, then go back and move the car or put more money in. I think the car parks are 50c an hour which isn't too bad now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The water tower car park is now pay parking? At least they surfaced it, the previous one was a disaster in wet weather and most people are idiotic in their parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Isn't the water tower carpark closed still?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I took a look today: it's open now, 50c / hour.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Hopefuly the start of decent carpark management...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

bnt wrote: »
    I took a look today: it's open now, 50c / hour.

Are you sure the water tower car park is pay and display? I looked yesterday and couldn't see any machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

fullstop wrote: »
    Are you sure the water tower car park is pay and display? I looked yesterday and couldn't see any machines.
    It's split in two. The half nearest the sports grounds is pay & display, the half nearest Wynnsward Rd. is free. SO: if you don't want to pay, get in early!

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement