Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders Early Bird

• 06-09-2010 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Just saw this in the paper the weekend, the Indian restaurant on the Quay are doing an early bird - 7 days a week from 5pm - 7pm.

Only €9.99 a head... thats for starter, mains and rice/naan bread and tea or coffee.

I am an Indian lover and have eaten here before but will deffo be calling in for an early bird soon...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Anyone know if this is correct? €9.99...sounds too good to be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Jeidi

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/eastenders-indian-restaurant-waterford

Its is last weeks paper too, think it was the Waterford Today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Ate there once ,got violently sick from it , never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Meatwad wrote: »

nothing to do with the dozen pints afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Often had a takeaway from there.very good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

its my indian of choice these days, has been for the last 12 months and i have never complained! the new early bird is cracking value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Denti86

I went to Eastenders on Monday evening for this great early bird offer. The food was gorgeous and the service was excellent! Great value!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I agree with all of the above comments. I went for the early bird last Monday. The food was delicious & great value :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

I see that there is a new Indian restaurant just about to open beside Murph's pub on The Quay. It's called "Planet Spice". I have eaten in their restaurant in Clonmel before & it was top quality stuff. There's now 5/6 Indian restaurants/take aways in the town. Just wonder if there is enough business for them all to survive. Still it will mean great bargains for the ordinary Joe Soap & they will all have to drop their prices to compete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I cant understand why they are all opening in the same area tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Sorry to hear that, but I've eaten in there once or twice, and got takeaway countless times, and it's been top drawer. And I didn't feel any worse the next day than I otherwise would have, given the type of food involved! :D

kryogen wrote: »

Cheap rents? From having lived in England, I always seem to remember Indian restaurants being common in areas with lots of students, or lots of flats, rather than established, posh areas - they seemed to cluster in what you might call "up-and-coming areas" that were vibrant, but slightly "edgy" - just like down near the bridge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Are you used to eating Indian food? Maybe you were allergic to one of the spices.
    kryogen wrote: »

True. However the take away only Curry Village (now Curry Garden I think) is on John St. Its very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Maybe it is the fact that renting a premises maybe starting to come down.
    I think everyone would agree that it's better to have a premises occupied rather than vacant, shabby & derelict. The sooner all the landlords of premises that are presently empty in the city centre realise that if they dropped the rental rate then the city centre would not resemble a ghost town in certain areas. Then if & when things started to pick up they could agree to increase the rates once more. The situation at present is idiotic.

Advertisement