Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Overdraft

Options
  • 06-09-2010 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the forum, but I had a query I was hoping someone could help me out with. I've just finished college and have landed myself in a job that's well-paid, but involves quite a bit of travel. I had an AIB student account, which is now a graduate account. I never had an overdraft before (made do with the credit card) but I applied for one with the new account, basically cause it was pretty much free and I thought, handy.
    Now after much running around they've denied it, because I'm only starting work now and they want a few months salary in the account first. They'll review in a few months, but to be honest, now is when I'm moving, now is when I'll have to cover extra costs, now is when it would be useful. I don't really anticipate needing it in a few months time. I also don't need the hassle of making international calls to get it set up then.
    The staff at the call centre don't seem to be able to do much, and my branch is the college branch, nothing beyond student level.
    It's not the worst, but it is annoying, seeing as I've been with them years and never been in any form of trouble or debt.
    Is there any way around this or should I just shut up?
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement