Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Balcony door is stuck!!

Options
  • 06-09-2010 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Im having a bit of trouble with my balcony door, its one of those doors you can either crack a bit open by moving the handle half way up and then open the whole way by moving handle the whole way up, pretty standard i think.

Anyway, long story short, had a few friends over the other night and one of them manged to close the door, ie get the handle fully down, without the door closing properly. The top hinge that usually disconnects when cracked is still out aswell, and its not fully closed at the top either, i cant move the handle really at all to get it open, its completly jammed.

Ive tried to force the hande up so i can get the door moving again but i dont want to break the handle either. Im sure this must happen to people all the time, and i dont particularly want to pay a locksmith to come out, so any advice greatly appreciated? Should i use brute force, or can i take the handle off and move it that way? Thanks!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm afraid the Help Desk is only for posters experiencing problems with the site or for querying moderator decisions. Other posters can't reply to you here. However, if you try the DIY forum someone there may be able to help you.

Advertisement