Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women U 17 World Cup.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Top of the group as it stands.

Even if Ghana score we will still be top, provided the other game remains 1-0 to Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

2 0 to Brazil now.

Ach, a missed opportunity there!

Oh, the Ghana keeper did well there!

We're getting very slack. It's all Ghana and they just had claim for a goal there.

mars bar wrote: »
    We're getting very slack. It's all Ghana and they just had claim for a goal there.

We have 20mins to not concede 3 goals and we're in the last 8.

Should be comfortable enough.

Bukman13 wrote: »

There's nothing comfortable about soaking up a lot of attack though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

*prays Bukman13 is not George Hamilton*

:pac:

Oh...phew.

Ohhh Dangerhere....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Good goal!

What a goal!!! Done and dusted. Savage pass from Gorman there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

anyone waching the canada/brazil game ? 2-0 .... so that puts brazil on top and we play spain....am i right ?

what a goallllll...3-0

ireland back on top spot in the group

:cool:

Strike!!!

3 goals from three different scorers. That's 4 different goalscorers in the competition yeah? That's good.

3 fantastic strikes tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Gilroy's goal is a huge goal, Brazil are still 2:0 on Canada.
    The difference between first and second is the difference between having a decent chance in the quarters. Maybe one more goal for luck.

After Edit:
    For some reason I convinced myself that Goal Difference was a prominent criteria, it could be result based on the Brazil 2:1 Rep. of Irl game.

LiamMc wrote: »
    Gilroy's goal is a huge goal, Brazil are still 2:0 on Canada.
    The difference between first and second is the difference between having a decent chance in the quarters. Maybe one more goal for luck.

After Edit:
    For some reason I convinced myself that Goal Difference was a prominent criteria, it could be result based on the Brazil 2:1 Rep. of Irl game.

It's goal difference

Ireland will top the group if Brazil don't score.

Maloney is a good keeper!

• Advertisement

Hard Luck to the Canadians.

Topped the group, fantastic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Well done Girls!!

Well done girls! :D Topped the group and through to the quarter finals. They are doing everybody proud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Fantastic performance tonight. Wonder goal from the Gilroy girl that put them top of the Group. Great chance to progress now. Japan up next. Well done all !!!

They've proved in the Euros they can bring out the big performances per individual match, just that every side likes to have a platform to build from.

I understand Rep of Irl was top seeds aswell, a further benefit as European Finalists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

well done girls - well played (strong defensively and took their chances).... great win for the girls and great win for the country .... bring on Japan !!! (fingers crossed for another strong defensive display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

well done to all involved!

PCPhoto wrote: »
    well done girls - well played (strong defensively and took their chances).... great win for the girls and great win for the country .... bring on Japan !!! (fingers crossed for another strong defensive display.

We're gonna need it. The Japanese love their goals! No better defense to do the job than ours in my mind though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fantastic result girls,

Lets hope for more the same against Japan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Anywhere i can see goals or highlights? I'm in Canada so i can't access RTE video.

ibh wrote: »
    Anywhere i can see goals or highlights? I'm in Canada so i can't access RTE video.

http://www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/video/videolist.html

I'm watching Germany v Korea DPR at the moment.

Germany 1-0 down and finding it difficult to break Korea down. If Ireland get past Japan they will play the winner of this match.

Did anyone watch the Nigeria v Korea match?! 11 goals scored! Wish I caught the whole game.

Nigeria went 2 up within 3 minutes of kick off. Korea then brought it back to level terms. (I think) One Nigerian girl conned the ref into giving her a peno and that was duly slotted away. It was 3 - 3 at 88 minutes but on the 89th minute, Minji scored and Korea thought they had it won. Nigeria went down the other side but with no attacking danger apparent, a Korean player nearly knocked her own keeper out and the ball fell to a Ayila who scored.

Korea started extra time brightly with 2 goals, which saw Minji finish with 4 goals in the game and 6 goals in 4 games in the tournament. Nigeria grabbed another goal back but it wasn't to be and Korean are through to the next round.

Final result, 6 5. It was exciting stuff to be fair!

Germany out :eek:.

Ireland have a huge chance of making the final now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

Anyone hear Noel King on the Last Word?

And if so what was he talking about regarding the World Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Irelands game V japan is on the RTE website at midnight, Im disgusted they are not showing on tv. :mad:
    Its some acommplishment for the girls to get to the quarter finals of the world cup and the national broadcaster wont even show it!!! terrible from rte.

I'll definitely be watching!

Best of luck tonight girls!!! glad we can count on ye to give the country something to smile about!!!

Germany out :eek:.

Ireland have a huge chance of making the final now.

DPK Korea are the holders, that match went to form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

anyone see the england - swiss game... some playacting going on from the swiss.

DrumSteve wrote: »

:confused:

?
    Was that the u19's by any chance?

• Advertisement

DPK Korea are the holders, that match went to form.

Complete rubbish!!!!

Yes!!! Korea DPR won the competition 2 years ago, but hardly any of that team would be in the squad this time around, they were in the poorest group which they struggled to get out of.

Germany where the huge favourites before the start of the competition, and they then proceeded to hammer every team in the group stages scoring 22 goals.

The match did go to form in the sense that Germany completely dominated the game from start to finish, they had 62% possession and had 16 shots.

Korea DPR had only two shots on target both of which were long range efforts of which one went in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

?

Ha my bad...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

?
    Ha my bad...:o

No, not the under 19s, the Women's World Cup Qualifying play-off for next year. Swiss girl dived to get the English keeper sent off. Think Switzerland topped their group and knocked Ireland out.

Complete rubbish!!!!

Yes!!! Korea DPR won the competition 2 years ago, but hardly any of that team would be in the squad this time around, they were in the poorest group which they struggled to get out of.

Germany where the huge favourites before the start of the competition, and they then proceeded to hammer every team in the group stages scoring 22 goals.

The match did go to form in the sense that Germany completely dominated the game from start to finish, they had 62% possession and had 16 shots.

Korea DPR had only two shots on target both of which were long range efforts of which one went in.

Your summary is very biased.
    You state DPK were in the weakest group but Germany hammering other teams weren't in a soft group. I wish DPK were in Germany's group to compare.
    You count ALL of Germany's shots but only include the recorded shots on target for DPK.
    Germany had an advantage, their country is united again.

DPK winning the trophy and their clear intention of defending that title shows they are a better team than Germany, it's normal for DPK to beat Germany at U17 Women's International Football, it's about time some footie fans started recognising that!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Has the Irish game started yet?

You state DPK were in the weakest group but Germany hammering other teams weren't in a soft group.

Group A was clearly the weakest group, Trindad and Tobago and Chile were the two weakest teams in the competition imo.
    I wish DPK were in Germany's group to compare. You count ALL of Germany's shots but only include the recorded shots on target for DPK.

If you happened to have watched the match you would have seen the enormous gulf between the two teams, Korea were unable to get out of their own half for the majority of the game.
    Germany had an advantage, their country is united again.

What the hell does this mean?
    DPK winning the trophy and their clear intention of defending that title shows they are a better team than Germany, it's normal for DPK to beat Germany at U17 Women's International Football, it's about time some footie fans started recognising that!
    Again! What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Has the Irish game started yet?

Kick off is midnight. Watch live on rte.ie

They are showing this live on Eurosport 2 for those who have it.

C'mon Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

!!!!!G'WAN IRELAND!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Kick off is midnight. Watch live on rte.ie

Also eurosport 2.

Mars bars got in before me....mmmm, mars bars...

@ mars bar, did these girls qualify by finishing 2nd v. Spain a couple of months ago?

Advertisement