Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ONE/ONE Challenge - Rule of Thirds

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Congrats to uns12345!!

Voting has continued after 9.00 pm - but just to re- affirm Squareballoon's post uns12345 was ahead by one vote at the 'end time' of 9.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Ettna

Yes congratulations to the winner, in the original post it does say the poll closes at 9.00 pm Saturday 18th, Looking forward to the next challenge! Was a bit confused when I checked here just now but read the rules and posts and thats fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

For any further Challenge/Assignments please ensure that dates and times of start/finishing and polling times are correct. It is very disappointing to see so many blunders. Very disappointing.

Just to point out that these Challenges are set by the winner of the previous competition - not by some machine.
    The Rules are very clearly outlineD on the very First post of the Thread.
    Closing time is clearly outlined as 9.00 pm tonight.

To use the phrase 'So many blunders' is totally unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,399 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

It's not possible to put in an exact time for the poll to close, only a certain number of days

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Ettna

So to get it to say "this poll ends at 9.00 pm on Saturday 18th September" you have to be setting the poll at exactly 9,00 pm and as Keps says we are human and not machines and times we can be on here are going to vary. We have to go by the time the poll closes in original post setting the challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

setting up a poll is tricky enough. its not a blunder. the time is clearly stated.

if we can manage to stop submitting at a time i think we can manage to stop voting at a certain time.

keps wrote: »
    Just to announce that the Closing time as stated on the poll is wrong by 24 hours
    (my mistake -sorry)

The official closing time for votes in 9 PM Saturday 4th September.

That is to give the winner a bit of time to come up with the next ONE/ONE Challenge which is then to start anytime on Monday the 6th.

To clarify.
    I appreciate that mistakes can be made but please try to ensure that everything is checked and double checked before posting dates etc.
    There have been blunders made re times and dates in more than 1 challenge/assignment.
    I will say no more on this topic.

It's not possible to put in an exact time for the poll to close, only a certain number of days

its a certain amount of days from the time it was opened. so if you set up the poll at 21.46 on a monday it will close at 21.46 X number of days after

• Advertisement

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    To clarify.
    I appreciate that mistakes can be made but please try to ensure that everything is checked and double checked before posting dates etc.
    There have been blunders made re times and dates in more than 1 challenge/assignment.
    I will say no more on this topic.

Just for clarification - the above 'blunder' relates to the Challenge before this one.

So that blunder' was not connected to Squareballoon's Challenge.

It was my first ever time trying to set up a poll.
    And I'm not the brightest really;)

Keps

:)

maybe we should open the ONE/ONE discussion thread now. hammer out the details in there. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Come on, who cares ? reading the finishing time is enough, and it's not like there's a million euro to whoever wins at 21.01, I thought it was all meant to be a bit of fun (and learning !).

Loved all the pics, especially the 3 top rated ones. Well done Ettna and Pete4130, and congrats uns12345, great photographs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 uns12345

Thanks to everyone who voted, would have been delighted to come 2nd or 3rd, first one of these things I have entered! Will do my best with the next challenge may need some help with pointers to starting a poll etc as I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to forums. :)

Well done indeed uns123435-great shot :)

If you need a hand - just ask- people are only too willing to help out.

congrats again!

Congratulations uns123435.
    John

• Advertisement
Advertisement