Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made redundant and employer hasn't got any of my paerwork ready.

Options
  • 06-09-2010 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I was recently told I was being made redundant and my employer has yet to get any of my paper work together or tell me how much of a redundancy payment I will be getting.

I've been working in the company for just under three years and I know I am entitled to a redundancy payment.
    I have yet to be given a clear indication of how much I will be getting, how I will receive it (direct debit, cheque etc...).
    I have been told by the accounts department that they are unsure of how to process a redundancy so I'm starting to get agitated as I will be finishing up soon.

I know from other people that I should be receiving an RP50 form and a P45, neither of which the accounts department seems to know how to give me.
    Is it up to the managing director to fill in my RP50 and P45 or should the accounts department be dealing with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Whoever does the payroll will do up all these forms, its easy enough to do go to the NERA website and there is a redundancy calculator there. it will also outline the procedure involved.
    its straight forward enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Pinky99

Thanks for the advice, The accounts finally got around to it today and i got the RP50 but the reason for redundancy was not filled out, I have signed it and copoed it and given back the original, is it really a problem if that bit isnt filled out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Pinky99 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, The accounts finally got around to it today and i got the RP50 but the reason for redundancy was not filled out, I have signed it and copoed it and given back the original, is it really a problem if that bit isnt filled out ?

the reason is not important really just that at the bottom which part did you sign. the part which indicates that the employer pays or the PRSI fund? can you remember if you signed the left or right side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Pinky99

I signed the left hand side of the form and got my redundancy money

so you are now waiting on your P45. who ever does your payroll can do one for you in 5 mins so tell them to get off their you know what.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭tinnuvial

That might depend on the payrolll system. One of my previous employers had a really bad system that would only allow you to do the calculations and run a P45 off the system when the entire payroll was run so you might have to wait nearly a month to get it if you were on a monthly payroll. A good payroll person should be able to calculate and hand write a P45 in a matter of minutes though.

tinnuvial wrote: »
    That might depend on the payrolll system. One of my previous employers had a really bad system that would only allow you to do the calculations and run a P45 off the system when the entire payroll was run so you might have to wait nearly a month to get it if you were on a monthly payroll. A good payroll person should be able to calculate and hand write a P45 in a matter of minutes though.

it true about the monthly payment but since the op has it actually finished it should just be a matter of taking the prsi and paye figures off the op's last payslip, enter them into ROS and you are emailed a p45 in minutes. Otherwise just write them out.

Advertisement