Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

what an end to the game - ridiculous penalty against the cowboys at the end - what was yer man at at all....

Off to bed - God I love this channel 4 football already :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Haha @ Dallas. Players dog pile in the endzone and the flag comes out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Great ending. It's so good that the NFL is back.
    I'm sure Jerry will be delighted that that TD before half time cost them the game. What a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭hynesie08

****ing stupid penalties costing us again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Cowboys and Redskins go all the way to the wire again. Its nearly always a cracking game, this one had it all offensive mistakes, defensive mistakes you name it and then the comeback from the Cowboys and on the very last play Romo finds Williams in the end zone only from the play to be called back on a legitimate holding call and game over.

Exciting stuff, well worth staying up for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Great game, but Jesus Christ, Dallas would absolutely wreck your head with all the silly mistakes.

I enjoyed it. It was good. Cooley had a good game for me in the fantasy football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Great game, very exciting.

Some amount of mistakes from Dallas.

You won't see more blatant holding then the last play, the most penalized player in the NFL over the last few years.
    Romo did well there but it was for nothing

"That's a hold and for sure that's a hold" :D
    Cris Collingsworth

I <3 Chris Collinsworth's voice, and just the man in general.

Also, Mike Carlson seems lost without Naat Combs. He's still great, but Gary Imlach has the personality of a large boulder. Just not the same as Naat and Mike bouncing off each other.

And that Channel 4 flashback/nostalgia segment will get very tiring very fast. Just have Mike going over different types of plays like he did on Five. Would be much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

49's loose a game they ll look back on and go how the hell did we screw that one up. Mean come on they dominated the first quarter in every shape or form it looked like it was going to be a one horse race. Then Alex Smith bottles it again becomes robotic in a bad way and can't create any half decent plays. Singletary also is at fault with some huge errors on 4&goal basically giving the Seahawks a reason to get fired up and get a momentum change.

Think it was a mistake moving Nate Davis to their practice squad, he's the 49ers only QB that looks like he can create something out of nothing, yes he may have his flaws but when things are suddenly going stale he should really be brought on to spark things up because Alex Smith certainly won't.

Fair play to Seattle a great defensive effort for a team who's first quarter stats were horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭henryhenry

I only got to see the first half of the Redskins and Cowboys. I can't remember another team ever calling so many screen plays in one half of football. Time after time Garrett kept calling them despite the fact that they were rarely effective. I expected way more variation than that.
    Archimedes wrote: »
    Also, Mike Carlson seems lost without Naat Combs. He's still great, but Gary Imlach has the personality of a large boulder. Just not the same as Naat and Mike bouncing off each other.

Imlach didn't seem to know how to handle him. Combs wasn't as dry witted and always knew how how to setup Mike with a brief comment here and there. Imlach is more like a history teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

What an ending last night. SNF is back with a bang. I will give Imlach and Carlson a couple of weeks before they gain some chemistry. I think they had their business hats on for the 1st night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I always rated Imlach highly from his time on C4 in the late 80's-early 90's.

It will probably take time for himself and Carlson to work it out, but give me Imlach over 'ball game' Cadle any day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Getting nervous now for the Jets game.We have talked so much that they have to back it up now.
    Lt for me will have a big season,heard a couple of reports that he has a real fire in his belly and looking real good,but we have heard that this past few seasons too.
    Mnf cant come quick enough

Go Ravens!

ravens_jets.png

Can't wait for tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Anyone know where you can watch this game tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Stev_o wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can watch this game tonight?

Both of tonights games are live on ESPN UK.

If you don't have that you can always watch it on a stream online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Still can't get over last night, unbelievable stuff! For such a young team it was a very important win. Lovin' Pete Carroll's antics on the sideline too, great to see a bit of passion back in Seattle football.I'm not saying we're going to win the SuperBowl or anything but an awful lot of people, including on here, didn't give the Seahawks a chance last night.
    Time for some humble pie folks:D

Matt Hasselbeck gives the funniest and wittiest interviews of any player I've seen.

If there was one NFL player I could go for a pint with it would be him

Bit of an offtopic post.
    He's a very popular player off the field anyway

Time for some humble pie folks:D

Im still stuffed after yesterday's serving :(:o

I hold my hands up, the Seahawks stepped up to the plate big time. I still hold some reservations about how they'll perform over the course of the year, but they shut me up big time yesterday and fair play to em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Just finshed the SNF game about an hour ago. Even though we had the same team doing the Thursday night opener, there's something about Al Michaels on the Sunday night game that makes you feel that the season has really arrived.

The game itself was typified by a truck-load of Dallas mistakes, but the ending was exactly the sort of thing the season needed after the first three televised games were far less down-to-the-wire affairs. I might have to find the Ravens-Jets game somewhere tommorow because that one looks like it could be anything from a shootout to a shutout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Archimedes wrote: »
    Im still stuffed after yesterday's serving :(:o

I hold my hands up, the Seahawks stepped up to the plate big time. I still hold some reservations about how they'll perform over the course of the year, but they shut me up big time yesterday and fair play to em.

Just read your prediction on page one,:D. Ah no, fair play for coming back and admitting you got it wrong. The 49ers ran the first 25 minutes of the game, it was bizzare how Seattle went in at half time 8 points up. Up until then I was very worried, but not entirely surprised. I knew this was a year for rebuilding and truth be told it still is. But I'm enjoying the ride so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

im just glad the Jags could to something to prove some of their doubters wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭henryhenry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

San Diego Super Chargers!!!

Flacco got creased! Damn that was a super start for the Jets, pity about the 3 and out though from their point of view.

Jenkins will be a huge loss if he goes out for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

How about that defence?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    How about that defence?
    Which one!?:D

• Advertisement

Such an enjoyable game.

Advertisement