Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor tiles...How Much?

• 06-09-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I have a convertered garage approx 3 M by 8 m and was thinking of getting it tiled. What I'm wondering is how much is the going rate for this?

PS i'll supply everything thats needed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

About €700 give or take i'd say. Let him supply the grout and adhesive, he will get it cheaper, and get the right stuff depending on the tile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Davy wrote: »
    About €700 give or take i'd say. Let him supply the grout and adhesive, he will get it cheaper, and get the right stuff depending on the tile

About right and you can bet the floor is not even being a converted garage so dont forget additional labour and material for leveling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Hi Op,

The rate these days are €18 - 20 per metreand you have only 24m2. Aboyt €480 or else €450 cash. Depending on where you live ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Hi Op,

The rate these days are €18 - 20 per metreand you have only 24m2. Aboyt €480 or else €450 cash. Depending on where you live ???

If your in Dublin head out to Tilestyle, sale on at the moment, got some very nice 60cm2 floor tiles yesterday at a huge discount, were €125 a m2 got them for €25 m2....

I've no connection to them other than being a customer.

Hi Op,

I think your dreaming. A garage floor... No doubt it was laid perfectly and does not have a ramp to the drive. I would reckon davy's quote is closer.

also 18-20 per meter is for ceramics and it depends on the amount of cutting.

Porcelaine and marble is a lot dearer. For the record any porc under 30 euro a square meter is going to be chinese porcelaine. This is usually bowed. So have the tiler advise correctly on the pattern to min this. Imo also buy an extra box... Its far easier to store 6 or 7 pces now than spend a lot more pulling up the whole floor because of breakage.

• Advertisement

I think your dreaming. A garage floor... No doubt it was laid perfectly and does not have a ramp to the drive. I would reckon davy's quote is closer.

also 18-20 per meter is for ceramics and it depends on the amount of cutting.

Porcelaine and marble is a lot dearer. For the record any porc under 30 euro a square meter is going to be chinese porcelaine. This is usually bowed. So have the tiler advise correctly on the pattern to min this. Imo also buy an extra box... Its far easier to store 6 or 7 pces now than spend a lot more pulling up the whole floor because of breakage.

Joey: what the story with the insults ???

Op is looking for a price for labour only not supply of tiles. Im a tiler by trade so i think I would know the going rate for labour. So please keep smart comments to yourself. :mad:

Joey: what the story with the insults ???

Op is looking for a price for labour only not supply of tiles. Im a tiler by trade so i think I would know the going rate for labour. So please keep smart comments to yourself. :mad:

Its not an insult my apologies if it seems that way. But honestly if your a tiler you know what to expect in a garage set up.

Ok joey,

No harm done.

Advertisement