Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose wire in 110v transformer

Options
  • 06-09-2010 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I have a 110 v transformer that has stopped working,on opening it up i have found a loose brown wire coming from the windings,it was soldered onto either the l,n or earth of one of the sockets just not sure which one!any ideas which one it should be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

rockblu wrote: »
    I have a 110 v transformer that has stopped working,on opening it up i have found a loose brown wire coming from the windings,it was soldered onto either the l,n or earth of one of the sockets just not sure which one!any ideas which one it should be?

Assuming the 230v mains lead into the transformer has its blue and brown still connected then its probably the secondary side that has the connection broke. The secondary side will have 2 wires coming from the windings to the yellow sockets by going into one socket and then looping to the other. So look at the other wire that is coming from the windings into the first socket terminal and then loops to the second, and the wire thats loose should connect into this same socket into the other terminal. One of them wires may go via a cutout device in the transformer though, so a photo of it might help. The earth wire may also be into the centre connection of the secondary windings or from earth connector. Are the other 2 both brown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rockblu

ALL sorted,yes i just followed the cables coming from the windings an that showed me where the missing brown belongs.thank you

Advertisement