Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year degree subject to LC standard?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey all,
    I'm just wondering how to bring a subject I only did in first year in my BA up to the standard needed to teach to Leaving Cert. I have to do the H. Dip but I know I will stand a far better chance of getting onto that course if I have two Leaving Cert subjects behind me.
    Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

This is kinda what my thread is about too. Would love an answer as well. Are top-up modules satisfactory, or is it a case of having to do a degree to be eligible in a subject?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You'd have to speak to the Teaching Council. No one here can say for certain, also deoends on subject. Even the TC can't say for certain it seems!

In general you'd need to enroll in something like UCD's night degree and do the final two years of a degree there.

Advertisement