Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodturning Course Dublin

Options
  • 06-09-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody has any advice on a good woodturning course in the D12/24 or city area? I see Greenhills college are offering and was wondering if anyone has attended? What type of projects are completed and what are the general class sizes? Keen to give it a try but want to know what I'm signing up for!

Thanks,

Esk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Stanirish

i'm up here in donegal, but would reconmend you contact your local woodturning chapter, who would advise you on courses, link to same is below:
    http://www.irishwoodturnersguild.com/

You will notice that there is three chapters (Clubs) in the Dublin area, so one of them should be close. - if not successfull with the chapters, drop me an email or pm, and I'll try and find out for you. Another option is to ask in one of the stores - Richard Gough may know, or try Seamus in Mc Quillans in BLANCHARDSTOWN on 01 8025100.

Hope this is of some help.
    Regards
    Stan

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭lionela

Hi ,
    Greenhills College do a woodworking coarse.
    Went myself some years ago to get the basics but fees now are very high.
    You could buy a small lathe to practice on for not much more than the fees charged.
    Nice hobby though.

Advertisement