Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Door Cinema Club - Irish tour - December 2010

Options
  • 06-09-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

http://www.mcd.ie/listings/fg.php?c=7793654&ar=twodoorcinemaclub
    Following on from their performance at Electric Picnic yesterday Two Door Cinema Club have announced three end of year Irish tour dates:

The Northern Irish trio will play:
    Tuesday 7th December BELFAST, Mandela Hall
    Wednesday 8th December DUBLIN, Tripod
    Thursday 9th December GALWAY, Black Box

Tickets for the Tripod show are priced €18.50 (standing) and €21.50 (seated) inclusive of booking fee.
    Tickets for all shows are on sale this Wednesday, 8th September at 9am.

Featured in the BBCs Sound of 2010 poll, Two Door Cinema Clubs debut album Tourist History is undeniably pop, and it draws on electronica/electro, rock and Afro-beats without ever recalling hopeful dilettantes, but the sum is greater than any ‘indie electro pop’ parts.

The album simply multiplies the single’s surfeit of ideas and sounds. The only constant between songs is the length of them – namely, short. The songs average out at a pop-perfect 3 mins 20 secs each. Says Kev, “We’ve never seen the point of adding something on to make the song longer. Or to cram in lots of songs. We just wanted a really impressive first album, where every song could be someone’s favourite.”
    From the Afro-pop lilt of Something Good Can Work (imagine Vampire Weekend with an acute pop sensibility) to the smooth/jittery combo of Eat That Up It’s Good For You [about the rise of women emulating men’s worst boozing-and-cruising habits: “that’s me venting my anger, in a happy pop song,” Alex grins), there are TDCC favourites all over the shop.
    If they can make such a mature album this early on, think of what they can do next time and the next album after that. Eat it up, it’s good for you…
    Tickets for Two Door Cinema Club’s irish dates are on sale this Wednesday 8 September at 9am

Really looking forward to this, but unsure if I'll manage to to secure a ticket since Tripod isnt the biggest venue. Are Two Door that big at the moment, or are they just known as 'the band from the phone adverts'? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

Scien wrote: »
    I saw them at their 3pm main stage slot at Oxegen this year and they drew a huge crowd (even in the rain).
    I reckon it'll sell out very fast. Fingers crossed is right. Would love to see them in a smaller venue.
    should sell out quick, from what i saw they looked to have much bigger crowd than arcade fire at oxegen:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

gonna be on my honeymoon!maybe she might want to pop back for this gig. They tore the roof off the tent on Sunday at EP. agree that i'd like to see them in a small venue, great energy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 techknow

really looking forward to this gig. I too saw them at Oxegen having only really heard of them from friends and not having really listened to their stuff beforehand. They were simply fantastic. Swore right there and then I'd go to their next Dublin gig. Hopefully I'll be able to get a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Got 3! Can't wait now! ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Got my tickets too. Really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Got two tickets too today for Two Door Cinema Club. Can't wait!

***This post was brought to you today by the Number 2 and the Word too.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

I'm really surprised it hasn't sold out yet. The Button Factory gig sold out in March and that was before they became widely known.

Never mind, I've since seen on twitter that there's less than 50 tickets left :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Just got mine :) I'm not a massive Two Door fan just yet, but I saw them in Benicassim and was pretty impressed. I have the album now, so by December I'll most likely be obsessed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Tripod gig sold out apparently. Phantom FM announced this morning that they are playing Olympia soon. Was listening in a semi comatose state so have no idea of the date!

TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB have announced a date at the Olympia Theatre on Friday 18th March.

The band have been getting tonnes of requests for an all ages show so under 16's are welcome (accompanied by an adult).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eimear38

Hey guys

Does anyone have tickets for gig in December? Was a little late in the uptake and now they're all gone! :(

Even suggestions on where to get them would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

eimear38 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Does anyone have tickets for gig in December? Was a little late in the uptake and now they're all gone! :(

Thanks!
    Try Toutless.com

If you get your request in early enough you might have a good chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eimear38

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Try Toutless.com

If you get your request in early enough you might have a good chance.

Cool thanks a mill will try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

eimear38 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Thanks!

You could always try toutless.com usually a good spot to pick up spares.

emc2 wrote: »
    You could always try toutless.com usually a good spot to pick up spares.

Excellent idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

ah so excited. Didn't think I would be but now ....I'm all happy inside.

Never been to Tripod for a gig so should be interesting

anyone know who the support act is?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

anyone looking for tickets try #ticketfairy on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

dicey1664 wrote: »
    anyone know who the support act is?

The pod.ie website is saying it will be the Cast of Cheers and Not Squares.

anyone able to find the stage times cant seem to find them

Nah, just says 7:30 on the tickets. I'd imagine they'd be on around 9 or 9:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Cast of Cheers on at 8.30 and 2DCC are 9.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 squiddly

Heya,
    I've two tickets for the gig in the Black Box. I can't make it due to illness, but I don't want to see the tickets go to waste, so free to whoever wants them! Call it secret santa or what have you...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Free is only way I would go c them again after tonight. They were great but only played for about an hour. Feel ripped off.:-(

Fair play to u tho and hope u feel better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 squiddly

Ah, I'm raging I can't go! But bad dose of laryngitis and its too long a drive in these conditions - I can just about drive to work without having an attack of the fears. Do ya want them? Like I said - free to good home haha

Aw thanks but no can do. Endured a freezing cold 3 hour bus journey from monaghan today, paid for a hotel room, went to gig alone as friend bailed at last min and am so disappointed.:-(

• Advertisement

And they were off again by 10.30. Raging. Feel so ripped off.

Advertisement