Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink/purple spike thing

Options
  • 06-09-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

I have recently moved to cork and can see this colourful spike thing at night time. What is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's the spike at the top of the Elysian apartment tower. Which is empty, so it's known as the idle tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Cork is already cooler than dublin. There's no colour on the spire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Keep an eye on it when Cork or Ireland win a big game, it changes color to suit the teams color

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I assume the Idle Tower is a reference to the Idle Hour pub nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

it seems to be pink a lot of the time:confused: i think it was red at the weekend, and sometimes puprle,
    looks good at night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

D-Generate wrote: »
    I assume the Idle Tower is a reference to the Idle Hour pub nearby?

And the Eiffel Tower!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

There's also another nice feature to this building that only works at night.If you go to the side of the tower that faces the back entrance to the garda station and stand very close ( you almost need to put your face against the wall) and look up, the up lighters make all the metal stud things light up.

Advertisement