Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Casual work

• 06-09-2010 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a few questions in relation to casual work. At the moment I'm on JSA but found out today my most recent employer wants me to start some casual work from wednesday this week. Will be mostly 3 day weeks if not less but the odd week might be a full week.

I'm going to go down to my local welfare office to inform them of this tomorrow. How long will it take to get sorted? How will i be paid for the days i don't work?

I'm meant to sign on tomorrow also, will i need to do this also while i'm down there informing them i found some casual work?

Finally that i can think of, payments are for the week gone aren't they? I'll still be entitled to collect my money from the post office tomorrow as usual?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

i would think long and hard about the job. I got a casual job 2 or 3 days a month and they cut me off to assess my income, still waiting for it to be sorted out and not working again till end of the month

Advertisement