Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes St. Leger (Doncaster Sat 3.20)

Options
  • 06-09-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Rewilding has been backed again after good reports from Simon Crisford. Snow Fairys participation is in doubt after the weather forecast and Midas Touch and Joshua Tree have been declared for Ballydoyle.

So what do you think? Another Godolphin Leger? Ballydoyle 1-2? Arctic cosmos to continue improving?

Card
    Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Can't see Rewilding being beat really,Joshua Tree could be a real danger though,definately a good each way bet,I'd imagine Johnny will be on him. I'd love to see Dandino win it,what a story that would be for a handicapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

At that price I could very easily see Rewilding being beaten. But then again, just about any favorite is beatable.

His Voltigeur was too good. Some say he's better fresh and he gave it socks at York. He looked a 1m4f horse that day so cant understand why they are persisting with the Leger. Breeding prospects look undercut by this. Take Midas Touch. and Cape Blanco form. Rewildingwould have won the Irish Derby if the form can be believed. Why subject his breeding career to a "Leger Winner" title?

Ted Spread for me at the prices I got him at but Joshua Tree is my idea of the winner.

Midas Touch is going to be put in his place come Leger day.
    I think Rewilding's price is about right,if not shorter. The second favourite won't get near him,I think Joshua Tree is the only danger. If Murtagh rides Midas Touch then he has lost the plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I'm going wide out on this one - Dandino and Corsica to place. Just a few pennies for the interest. Big races never come off for me unless I try to think outside the box.

Midas Touch was getting 3lbs from Rewilding for a 4l beating. Form could easily be turned around over the extra 2.5f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Nulty wrote: »
    Midas Touch was getting 3lbs from Rewilding for a 4l beating. Form could easily be turned around over the extra 2.5f

Plus Midas was ridden very close to the pace that day can see the places being turned around at levels. Did fancy Snow Fairy for the race but the signs dont look good thats she's going to be running. Will prob lay Rewilding if he is shorter than 6/4 on the day. Main bet on Saturday will be Sans Frontieres in the Irish leger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDKXGB8nZ8M

Great Voltigeur for those who didnt see the race.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

It's Rewilding's race to lose. He's an exceptional horse, I backed him for the Derby too. He's going to be a class act and he'll win this race.

x PyRo wrote: »
    It's Rewilding's race to lose. He's an exceptional horse, I backed him for the Derby too. He's going to be a class act and he'll win this race.

He's hardly exeptional. He's won a listed race and a group 2 and finished 3rd in a sub standard Derby. Im sure there is more to come but calling the horse exceptional at this stage is a bit of an over reaction.

He is exceptional, he's not top class yet but exceptional is the right word for him. He'll hopefully bag his first G1 on Saturday and go on from there.

He's not a bet at 6/4. No way.

• Advertisement

That derby was very sub standard,must agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Taken from a Free Horse Tips facebook group
    A little birdie has informed me that Dandino is after getting 10lb of muscle since his last run and will be very very close in the St. Leger, with the new trip goin to suit down to the ground and ground to suit, have a guess who my money is on.

Take that as a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Take that as a pinch of salt.

Obviously you'd have to, some random facebook page and 10lbs is a lot. Still worth €25 from me.:D

Best of luck dude, Rewilding has it wrapped up though. :p

Rewilding
    Arctic Cosmos
    Midas Touch
    Dandino
    Snow Fairy
    Joshua Tree
    Ted Spread
    Theology
    Total Command
    Corsica

Looks like this is going to be the field for the Leger. Colm O Donoghue is on Midas touch, Jamie Spencer is on Joshua Tree, Eddie Ahern is on Snow Fairy as Ryan Moore has to ride Total Command.

Latest prices:

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/ante-post-racing/flat/st-leger

Best of luck dude, Rewilding has it wrapped up though. :p

:o

Thank God the price was too short for me to get involved in or I'd of been in with maximum stakes. Phew!

Nulty wrote: »
    At that price I could very easily see Rewilding being beaten. But then again, just about any favorite is beatable.

His Voltigeur was too good. Some say he's better fresh and he gave it socks at York. He looked a 1m4f horse that day so cant understand why they are persisting with the Leger. Breeding prospects look undercut by this. Take Midas Touch. and Cape Blanco form. Rewildingwould have won the Irish Derby if the form can be believed. Why subject his breeding career to a "Leger Winner" title?

Ted Spread for me at the prices I got him at but Joshua Tree is my idea of the winner.

Ted Spread needed a swimming pool and Joshua Tree is worth keeping an eye on. Tracked Snow Fairy through but on second start of the season maybe the Leger was asking too much. Could still be below this level though and may never reach it but looked very decent at York.

Advertisement