Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old GP Season's on DVD

• 06-09-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Is is possible to buy old GP's on DVD? entire seasons preferably? I'd love to re-watch the early 90's seasons again!
    I was cleaning out some stuff there at the weekend and i came across some GP's from 1992/3/4 recorded on VHS..I used to record them for whatever reason..cant remember. but those years were classics. Id is possible to buy the entire seasons on DVD somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I've every race since somewhere in the region of 84 so could sort something out for you, some are ripped off a VHS from pre 94 but all are of decent quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

frostie500 wrote: »
    I've every race since somewhere in the region of 84 so could sort something out for you, some are ripped off a VHS from pre 94 but all are of decent quality

Nice!

There was a series on ESPN classic before the start of the season of Formula 1 Retro, I checked out the production company and they sell some DVDs of old seasons but they are very expensive, I'll post a link later. Unfortunately there are large portions of old races not really around or accessible, right up towards the end of the 70s.

Pity Bernie doesn't do what the AFL (and I think the NRL also) in Australia do and have a service where one can order any match/race on DVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

You could try ebay.

Amazon have highlights for all the seasons going back to at least the early 90s. (But they are only highlights)

People like GPjunkie82 have full length grand prixs up on Youtube split into ten minute sections if you search for them.

My favourite Grand Prix was when Olivier Panis won the Monaco Grand Prix. The complete Eurosport coverage with John Watson is up on Youtube somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BS-xH6ceqw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

FOM or whoever owns the video rights really need to re-release the yearly reviews on DVD. I'm surprised they haven't already.

I just checked Amazon and they do have quite a few yearly reviews going back to the 80's however most of the ones older than 2005 are on VHS only. I'd like to have them, but there's no point buying a VHS tape at this point where you'll only use it once and even then, it's just to convert it to DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

FOM or whoever owns the video rights really need to re-release the yearly reviews on DVD. I'm surprised they haven't already.

I wish DUKE video would do the same with the Super Touring years of the BTCC. I've been hounding them about it for years now!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

I have a lot of f1 dvd's converted from vhs from 1979 to 2003. If anyone is interested send me a pm and I can send back a list of what I have.

Advertisement