If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build - Surround Sound system required

Options
  • 06-09-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

We a new build that we are undergoing at the moment. I am getting some "smart" technology in the house - music system in a few of the rooms. I also have my main living room wired for surround sound and looking for an option for the surround sound. Have a 42in Samsung LCD already but need to get a Blu-Ray player, reciever and speakers. From other threads it seems you are recommding the following -

Onkyo TXSR308 AV Receiver:http://www.richersounds.com/product/...ky-txsr308-blk
    Boston XS 5.1 Speaker System (Great system) :http://whathifi.com/Review/Boston-Ac...-Soundware-XS/

Can you recommend a good Blu Ray and also pricing for the full package

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hey Voodoo.

Cheers for the post and apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

The 308 is an excellent little receiver and the XS pack is a great match, although personally I would swing towards the new Denon AVR1311 at £269.95 as a better match for the XS.

A good blu-ray off at the moment is the Onkyo BD507 that we have on clearance at £149.95. Brilliant player for the money. Alternatively the Panasonic DMP-BD45 at £119.95 is also a good buy but not in the same league.

The Onkyo bluray, 308, XS pack and delivery would come to £689.85 / €849.

I currently have it all in stock.

Thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Hi Dave,

Sorry I havent been back to you... How do I go ahead and order this and what is the typical turnaround to get access to the kit?

Thanks.

Voodoo

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

HI Voodoo.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM I can give you a bell and get the ball rolling. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Hi Dave,

I dropped a PM to you the other day. Did you recieve it? Let me know what the next steps are.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.