Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grading of a Grad. diploma

Options
  • 06-09-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone know if a taught Graduate Diploma is graded similarly to an undergraduate degree i.e First Second Third or Pass, or is it just graded as a Pass or Fail effort?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I think its just three gradings for the Taught Post Grad Diplomas i.e. First, Second and Pass. That was the case when I did my Post Grad Higher Diploma course. Same applies to Taught Master courses too. So its slightly different to the Undergrad grading system. It excludes the third class but include fail if you didn't get the overall pass rate of 40%. Some departments in colleges and universities can vary on percentages depends on your faculty but generally that is how the grading system is for postgrad courses at the moment.

Advertisement