Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to drive from Tullamore to Dublin in the mornings?

• 06-09-2010 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Sorry if there's a thread like this already, had a look and couldn't find one. I'm looking at moving to Tullamore, but I was just wondering if any of you knew how long roughly it takes to drive from Tullamore to Dublin in the morning rush? Is the traffic bad on the m4? or is the train the best option?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Is it the city centre your heading for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Yep, for work. The girlfriend got a new job in athlone and we were looking at getting a place in Tullamore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tullamore the train is by far and away the best option. I'd say it's at least 2 hours door to door driving.
    Kearns bus is a cheaper option commuting to Dublin.

Don't forget the taxsaver ticket if you get the train!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,011 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

efb wrote: »
    I'd say it's at least 2 hours door to door driving.
    Thats a bit long isn't it. I used to leave Tullamore at about 7:40 and walk into college in Bolton St for my first lecture at 9. That was before the new motorway was built too. I'd say its somewhere between 1 hr 15 minutes and 1hr 30 minutes depending on how you traffic and how you drive.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Thats a bit long isn't it. I used to leave Tullamore at about 7:40 and walk into college in Bolton St for my first lecture at 9. That was before the new motorway was built too. I'd say its somewhere between 1 hr 15 minutes and 1hr 30 minutes depending on how you traffic and how you drive.

If you can get to Dublin driving door to door in 1 hr 15 you must be flying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Out through Mountmellick and Emo to the M7 and you'll be at the Red Cow park and ride in an hour and ten minutes.
    Out along the M6/M4 (with Toll), and you'll be at Liffey Valley in 50 minutes, once you hit the M50 you're in the lap of the traffic gods...

Probably best Red Cow and Luas.

Or train to Hueston, an hour and five or so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

ghosttown wrote: »
    Out through Mountmellick and Emo to the M7 and you'll be at the Red Cow park and ride in an hour and ten minutes.
    Out along the M6/M4 (with Toll), and you'll be at Liffey Valley in 50 minutes, once you hit the M50 you're in the lap of the traffic gods...

i get kearns bus every day and its takes less then 2 hours door to door! so i leave my house at 6.25am and im sitting at my desk anywhere between 8.15 and 8.30 (8.15 most mornings when schools are off)

And its much the same coming home, i have to say, i get the bus at 4.45 and im sitting in the house by 6.35 at the latest! So good going i think;)

ghosttown wrote: »

The Train is 1h 20 min peak times

Kearns is good and cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

efb wrote: »
    The Train is 1h 20 min peak times

Kearns is good and cheap

100% there with Kearns,i couldnt fault them at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Cheers for all of those answers guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Quazzie wrote: »

Tis only 45 minutes to the airport nowadays... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

50 Minutes from the hospital in tullamore to heuston station.

In fairness, i do drive like I stole the car, but... can be done.

Advertisement