Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just applied for credit union car loan?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    Just applied for credit union car loan online for 9k,
    In full time employment and saving 80e a week for last 3 months
    What are my chances ?

Also how do they know if its a car loan or a personal loan ?

Thanks in advance:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

They will usually write a cheque to the car dealer, i'm not sure what happens when it's a private sale.

I got 7k of a car loan when I had about 1k in savings but had recently cleared a smaller loan off with them.

Depends on your history with them and the branch itself. Usually its 3 times what you have in savings for the first loan and after that they aren't as strict (unless you don't make payments obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

cheers yes its a private sale ? Anybody know what they do ?

Also its my first time loan with them but have permanent full time job so that should be a boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 love porter

as the other poster commented,
    three times the amount you have in savings.
    but you fill in the application, with proof of your income and they will look it over at their weekly meeting and decide.
    Ypo can get more, as I got alot more for a wedding loan, so your income and outgoings are very important

Advertisement