Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Shop in Brown Thomas!

• 06-09-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

So BTs have launched their Christmas Shop! :eek: I love Christmas, dont get me wrong but its ages away yet. The kids are just gone back to school, I feel sorry for parents trying to explain that theres still another 3 months at least before getting all excited. By the time Halloween comes, the Christmas spirit will be gone! Am I a scrooge?! :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As long as they keep it upstairs on the top floor where nobody goes anyway it wont bother me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Berty wrote: »
    As long as they keep it upstairs on the top floor where nobody goes anyway it wont bother me.

If last year is anything to judge by, the front window display will probably grab a lot of premature-Christmas criticism...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Berty wrote: »

ya i know, but are they going to start some other shops off now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just as long as Captain Average doesnt get wind of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

does it get earlier every year? :p I'll give it a miss until at least the end of September... I love when they play the carols outside, but just in December :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Penneys usually get their stock in during September afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Imo it should be illegal to set up any christmas shops until after halloween .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

I worked in retail in a certain department store that get their christmas stuff in in september, every year people would say "isn't it very early blah blah blah" yet every year they would be in the q with their trolley full of christmas bits in september, just a simple case of supply and demand, there are lunatcis out there that have all their christams shopping done by halloween, for me it's a mad dash the day before christmas eve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

LucyLouLou wrote: »
    I worked in retail in a certain department store that get their christmas stuff in in september, every year people would say "isn't it very early blah blah blah" yet every year they would be in the q with their trolley full of christmas bits in september, just a simple case of supply and demand, there are lunatcis out there that have all their christams shopping done by halloween, for me it's a mad dash the day before christmas eve.

Too true - In fairness the Shops wouldn't do it unless People were rabidly horny for Chinese Xmas shíte Merchandising........

- Unfortunately People usually also forget the real meaning of Christmas, which is a shame and very hurtful to the sick and twisted Paedophiles of the Catholic Church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

it doesn't get earlier every year- its just you getting old :D. My mum remembers ordering the annuals in Easons with the Sept childern's allowances and that most definitely was't this year or last seeing as I'm already in the 40-50 age bracket. She used to say she'd only just got us back to school and christmas expenses would start.

• Advertisement

it doesn't get earlier every year- its just you getting old :D. My mum remembers ordering the annuals in Easons with the Sept childern's allowances and that most definitely was't this year or last seeing as I'm already in the 40-50 age bracket. She used to say she'd only just got us back to school and christmas expenses would start.

Im getting old?!! :eek:
    Well at least Im younger than you :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

first lot of Christmas stock in penneys in the city today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

So BTs have launched their Christmas Shop! :eek: I love Christmas, dont get me wrong but its ages away yet. The kids are just gone back to school, I feel sorry for parents trying to explain that theres still another 3 months at least before getting all excited. By the time Halloween comes, the Christmas spirit will be gone! Am I a scrooge?! :o

Actually most kids under a certain age have no concept of time so they have no idea how long 3 months is and its only us the parents who get fed up looking at christmas stock. I think every year this same conversation pops up but my gut feeling is that its been this early for a long time and the shops wouldn't stock the stuff this early if nobody was buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Tesco have their tins of Xmas sweets in since last week. Getting expensive too at €14.95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭LB6

I called out to Woodies on Sunday and no sooner has the auto doors opened and you're faced with Christmas trees on display. Stupidity of the highest order - we haven't even had Halloween yet ffs! :mad:

I know I suppose I can understand if there is a demand, but surely people can wait another month?! Plus if they keep it away hidden in some area of the shop but having it placed right in front of our noses is unnecessary. We will be sick of Christmas before it offically begins :mad:

Advertisement