Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degree level Spanish exams? Not instituto Cervantes

Options
  • 06-09-2010 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I have completed the DELE intermediate level in Spanish through Instituto Cervantes. It shows that I have a good level of written and spoken Spanish, I put it on my CV but nobody ever heard of it!

I would like to do exams and/or a course in a recognised university either here or in the UK that would be "more" recognised once finished. Any suggestions?
    PC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

That's actually pretty strange, that nobody recognised that qualification. Were the people who you were talking to Spanish? As the Cervantes institute is run by the Spanish Government (I think).

So are you actually considering going to college to study for a Spanish degree? Well I'm currently doing Spanish in Trinity, although you have to study it with another arts subject, business or as a language in European Studies. It's a 4 year degree anyway

Maybe try The Open University?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CurtisPadd

Cheers djcervi,
    I am looking to do my degree in Spanish by distance learning. I have looked at OU options and University of London but first one is not suitable and the second is too expensive.
    To pass the DELE intermedio exam with instituto Cervantes you have to have good standard and it is recognised officially. I'm considering going from the proficiency exam but i'm thinking a qualification from a more recognised institute,such as your own would be better.
    PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

jeez OP that's a drag. I will be going for the D.E.L.E. intermediate next year. I am doing this as I will be looking to return to University to start a degree in languages. I never did spanish in school but have been living in South America for the last couple of years. I am hoping the D.E.L.E. will help me in my interview. I am doing the same for German too, the ZD B1 as I want a joint degree in languages.

To reply to you though, I have to say that I don't believe there is any other more appropriate qualification. The D.E.L.E. is the Spanish governments requirement for a foreigners' language ability. Short of doing a four year degree, I don't know how else you could have a better recognized qualification.

Post again if you do find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ferfer15

Actually, D.E.L.E. in Cervantes Institute is the most recognised spanish standardised test in the world, done according to the ALTE levels of reference. There are other tests (one in Mexico that i dont remember the name and Celu in south america).

Maybe the problem is the people who read your c.v. (if they are looking for people with spanish, they must know that test).

here are ALTE link www.alte.org
    http://www.alte.org/members/index.php

Advertisement