Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good round list

Options
  • 06-09-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

ammo%20background%20copy.jpgD After a quick check, only thing I can't see is the .204 ruger and the .223 rem. Unless the .222 special is the .223:confused: Seems 6mm and 7mm mags and brs aren;t there either. no 48 it is (7mm mag)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

.17hmr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Lads, maybe this isn;t the best pic to have on an open forum, got the heads up from a fellow boards (shooting member). Mods if you think it may be inappropriate feel free to close or remove it. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Why on earth would this be a poor photo to have up here? It's fine, leave it as it stands.

I don't see the 6mmBR in there though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

it looks like a list of cals that have been put to military uses .

• Advertisement

What is number 58 used for? SOme size of a cartridge:D

.17hmr
    check out the bottom #50:p:D

jwshooter wrote: »
    it looks like a list of cals that have been put to military uses .
    So?
    We already have court rulings that prohibit arguments like that in licencing cases, and there are images like that all over the net. No-one's suggesting anything by putting that image up there. It's perfectly fine.

I think someone just liked the idea of modding kay9 by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Interesting to see the Dardick Tround (39 bottom row). It was a triangular cartrige from the early 60's and, if I remember correctly the case was the propellent so the firearm didn't need extraction and ejection. Also the case being triangular they stacked very neatly in the magazine with no wasted space. I think the main problem was sealing the breech during firing, neat idea though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

kay 9 wrote: »
    What is number 58 used for? SOme size of a cartridge:D
    That's a 25mm TP-T (Target Practice Tracer) round, as used in THIS YOKE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

kay 9 wrote: »
    check out the bottom #50:p:D
    Ah ye there she is:D when i was looking last night there was only the top pic:p

Sparks wrote: »
    So?
    We already have court rulings that prohibit arguments like that in licencing cases, and there are images like that all over the net. No-one's suggesting anything by putting that image up there. It's perfectly fine.

I think someone just liked the idea of modding kay9 by PM.

Are they not rounds that have been used by military at some stage in some part of the world ..

you are the one suggesting ,i meant anything other that that .

Are they not rounds that have been used by military at some stage in some part of the world
    Some are; some are not. But there isn't anything wrong with pictures of military rounds jw. It's not depicting or supporting anything illegal, it breaks no rule in the charter, and it's of interest to other folks, and it's educational.
    you are the one suggesting ,i meant anything other that that .
    I asked Why on earth would this be a poor photo to have up here? and you replied it looks like a list of cals that have been put to military uses. Seems like a fair assumption that you were suggesting that was a reason not to have the photo here.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Are they not rounds that have been used by military at some stage in some part of the world ..

I think it would be a stretch to call a .220 Swift or a .600 NE or many of the others a "military" round. I'm sure someone has shot one in anger at someone else, but that hardly makes them "military".

IRLConor wrote: »
    I think it would be a stretch to call a .220 Swift or a .600 NE or many of the others a "military" round. I'm sure someone has shot one in anger at someone else, but that hardly makes them "military".

possibly ,,considering the swift is around for 80 odd years .i would think some law enforcement agency has used it at some stage ..after all the 22.250 has been used as a sniping round , in sweden i think .

i said the list look like a list of military cals ,thats all .sparks presumed i meant it should not be up on boards or what ever .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

IRLConor wrote: »

+1
    several of them calibres are wildcats/or hunting ammo.

It never fails to amaze me by the amount of calibres ever chambered.

I only have experienced 8 or 9 of them in the flesh.
    I held a "Target" Armalite .5BMG in the states, fellas out there use them for extreme long range target shooting in the desert.

The Ammo Available is "Hunting/Target shooting" only**
    There is no .223r there but there is 5.56x45 and in the states most semi's are chambered for both. So I suppose thats why they did not put it up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

possibly ,,considering the swift is around for 80 odd years .i would think some law enforcement agency has used it at some stage ..after all the 22.250 has been used as a sniping round , in sweden i think .

i said the list look like a list of military cals ,thats all .sparks presumed i meant it should not be up on boards or what ever .

Sir - I counted 24 military cartridge calibres there, many of which are long obsolete, like the 45-70 Gov and the Arisaka, to name just two.

I can't find any reference to the use by the Swedes of .22-250 for sniping. Can you tell me where you found this out? Right now, and for the last few years, the Swedes use the so-called Arctic Warfare version of the L96 AI rifle for sniping, or rather, they did last year when I was over there shooting it.

In Raufoss-made 7.62x51 NATO.

Before that they used there own very accurate and effective 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser cartridge, one that I knew very well from almost twenty years of Nordic biathlon carting the thing around the countryside in Norway before they all changed to a piddling Fortner-action .22 Anschutz.

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    Sir - I counted 24 military cartridge calibres there, many of which are long obsolete, like the 45-70 Gov and the Arisaka, to name just two.

I can't find any reference to the use by the Swedes of .22-250 for sniping. Can you tell me where you found this out? Right now, and for the last few years, the Swedes use the so-called Arctic Warfare version of the L96 AI rifle for sniping, or rather, they did last year when I was over there shooting it.

In Raufoss-made 7.62x51 NATO.

Before that they used there own very accurate and effective 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser cartridge, one that I knew very well from almost twenty years of Nordic biathlon carting the thing around the countryside in Norway before they all changed to a piddling Fortner-action .22 Anschutz.

tac

i read it some where a long time ago .it was used in a urban environment ,like i said i think it was sweden that were using it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

i read it some where a long time ago .it was used in a urban environment ,like i said i think it was sweden that were using it .

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/protesters-idf-used-22-caliber-ammo-at-west-bank-fence-1.4111

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

SpringerF wrote: »

As I personally know some ex-IDF, I can verify that was a .22lr or .22mag.
    My Israeli friend carried a .22mag pistol undercover for security purposes.

Not a .22/250 which is a horse of a different colour;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement