Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone used armyshop.ie?

• 06-09-2010 10:26pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm in the market for a dark blue / navy beret and came across a used one on armyshop.ie (here:http://armyshop.ie/2748-used-bw-marine-beret-dark-blue.html).

I'm wondering if anyone has used the site and if it's reliable etc.

I sent them an email a week or so ago (as I'll be looking to buy a fair few of them if it fits the bill and would prefer them new rather than used). So far I've heard nothing back, which doesn't really instill much confidence.

If anyone has any alternate suggestions for places to look - online or in the real world - I'd be very appreciative. I've tried army bargains on Capel St but they didn't have any in the right colour.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

The term
    This item is currently available upon request within 10 - 15 working days.
    appears everywhere on the site. That implies they have no stock and will simply request any item from a third party and sell it to you with a suitable mark up. You would be better off finding who their supplier is and buying direct. To me it looks like someone's part time job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

I've used them a few times foreign lad - he doesn't have the place on capel st but usually will be at fairyhouse markets on sunday's. I usually meet him at citywest shopping centre.
    the price on the website is the price you pay.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

used this site several times the guy, Paul, runs it fulltime and he carries a large stock Ive had to wait only 4 days for things not in stock.They now have a shop in Tallaght
    nice people to deal with

Advertisement