Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Appeals

Options
  • 06-09-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

More that 50 appeals called over in Court 23 this morning. (I lost count !). All adjourned until 10th Jan 2011 awaiting outcome of High Court test cases. If won, they will probably referred back to the Chief Supt.s in the first instance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭freddieot

Mine was one of them. Ah the waiting game !

An unstable, unsuitable person would probably lose patience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Did the judge give anyone the chance to comment on the delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CeeBeeYou

The three solicitors present requested the Janurary date. In a few cases, where there was no appellant nor solicitor present, the Garda Inspector requested the same date. No one made any comment about the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

freddieot wrote: »
    Mine was one of them. Ah the waiting game !

An unstable, unsuitable person would probably lose patience :D

But you won't. Hang in there. A few of us were without our target pistols for the best part of a year. I post a lot less I used to to as I was extremely angry at the whole situation and "vented" (and ranted) quite a lot. Made some great friends who were a great support as a result of this forum.

It was costly excercise but well worth it. Remember "you have done nothing wrong".

I have been to the range a number of times in the last 4 weeks. Boy it was great to be back. It is absolutely amazing to think that certain members of our Government/Law Enforcement/Society think there is a sinister side to the sport of precision pistol target shooting. A feel a rant coming.....

Anyway I just want to let you guys know I feel you pain. 4 Months is not long. Hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Plus 1 Konockon.
    Indeed,solidarity with you who are going to the high court.
    It is true what was said you have done NOTHING wrong.
    Bar legally wanting to use a paticular type of gun.Which is obviously a crime in Min Ahernes and his ol sidekick, Cheif comissioner Murphys eyes.
    Remember,alot of us are out here rooting for you and have gone down this road.Yours is the more difficult and perilous,but there has been a trail blazed here too.Yours and ours is a just cause.

Finally got back to the range myself last Sat.It is horrifying to see how much my skill had detoriated.:(.Sheeeesh,back to pistolcraft 101 again.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Plus 1 Konockon.
    Indeed,solidarity with you who are going to the high court.
    It is true what was said you have done NOTHING wrong.
    Bar legally wanting to use a paticular type of gun.Which is obviously a crime in Min Ahernes and his ol sidekick, Cheif comissioner Murphys eyes.
    Remember,alot of us are out here rooting for you and have gone down this road.Yours is the more difficult and perilous,but there has been a trail blazed here too.Yours and ours is a just cause.

Finally got back to the range myself last Sat.It is horrifying to see how much my skill had detoriated.:(.Sheeeesh,back to pistolcraft 101 again.

Or you could watch me at the range tomorrow nighticon10.gif. Might pick up some tipsicon10.gificon10.gif!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

WISE Guy!!!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement