Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blacksod Point - Belmullet Olympic NS Tri

• 06-09-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Anyone interested in buying a place in this tri for 40 euro - purchase price was 52.50...Takes place 18th September..Last of the NS events.
    Must sell before Friday so PM if your interested.

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Where are people staying for this? I havent booked accommodation yet :rolleyes:
    Quick check online has no rooms in the broadhaven bay hotel, anyone familiar with the area got any suggestions?

Ah, sorted! just phoned them and they still have a couple of rooms left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭SucCes09

Suprised there were no posts on this since Saturday - must have been a longer then expected recovery for most...
    My season was hampered by an ITB injury, and just getting myself back on track with this event, and went into it not knowing what to expect... you read the reports and website, but there is not a lot that can prepare you for this, especially with the weather playing it's part!
    I felt the swim was a little short - be interested in hearing other's reflect on this, tough start to the cycle, then the turn around intoo the headwind made for a hard day on the bike. And then the run...
    Tough conditions, but very enjoyable race overall.
    Saved my season!!!

Big thanks to the organisers, and all the supporters.

You know something is wrong when people are out in full head-to-toe rescue thermals and rainkit to marshal, as you don your tri suit with blue shivering hands in multi-directional rain :D

Nice swim but it was short, probably by 200-250m?
    Cycle was death after the turning point; that wind just killed me.
    Nice run course, but didn't quite go to plan for me.. looked like the sort of place you could put in a decent time.

Setting up in transition was grim but once the swim kicked off it was grand. Only suggestions would be to add some loud cheesey music to help the atmosphere at transition setup and pre-warn people about the sharp road surface for the walk to swim start (I'd no footwear :/). Seemed like a well run event, with lots of local support which was nice to see. Fair play to all the marshals, rotten day to be out manning an exposed course like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pauric1

well done to Kilmore Tri club. it was a great event and really well run. thanks to all the marshals who stood out in crappy weather.

it was my first oly so anything after this should be easy.

P

• Advertisement
Advertisement