Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels or b&b in Moycullen

Options
  • 06-09-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Although I'm living in Galway, I can't find any suitable accomodation for a friend and her family coming to Galway for a wedding in mid October. It's in Glenlo Abbey and the b&b right opposite the hotel only has one room and they'll need a few rooms. I checked the Westwood and Clybaun and there's no offers or special deals that weekend, so I thought maybe they'd be better off staying out in Moycullen. Does anyone know of any nice b&bs in/near the village? Is there a hotel there? I've googled (probably badly) and can't see anything. A b&b in Newcastle/Bushypark/Dangan would be great too. I just can't see anything except the b&b they've already tried when I look online. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

amz5 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Although I'm living in Galway, I can't find any suitable accomodation for a friend and her family coming to Galway for a wedding in mid October. It's in Glenlo Abbey and the b&b right opposite the hotel only has one room and they'll need a few rooms. I checked the Westwood and Clybaun and there's no offers or special deals that weekend, so I thought maybe they'd be better off staying out in Moycullen. Does anyone know of any nice b&bs in/near the village? Is there a hotel there? I've googled (probably badly) and can't see anything. A b&b in Newcastle/Bushypark/Dangan would be great too. I just can't see anything except the b&b they've already tried when I look online. Thanks in advance!

No hotels in Moycullen. With a wedding in Glenlo they could stay in some hotel in the city or Salthill which would be best IMO even if the cab cost €20. The Moycullen road isn't known for it's B&Bs...though they might find a party in Corrib Village and crash there.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

http://www.bandbireland.com/accommodation/2552/galway/galway-city/abbey-view-bed-and-breakfast.html

There is this one and a few others around upper newcastle / dangan / buskypark but I cant remember the name of them.

If Abbeyview doesnt have rooms I'm sure they will be able to give the names of the others close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Sorry for hijacking the thread but does anyone know of a hotel/b+b/caravan in Clifden that allows dogs? Ive tried Google but all it gives is the holiday village which are too big and too expensive as its just for me and the mutt. It would need to be in the town as I dont have transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Thanks all :) Ya, they tried there and they had one room free. However, it's a family going to a relative's wedding, so they all went to stay in the same place (grown up family - maybe 3 couples and parents). They tried that b&b and didn't get any advice! That place is really nice though, I'd recommended it to them in the first place. Think I'll tell them to head into the city instead alright....thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

Some of the ones on Newcastle Road might offer easy access or cheaper cab ride
    Desota House, Ash Grove House, Dun Aoibhinn

• Advertisement
Advertisement