Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a decent waterproof/windproof jacket

• 06-09-2010 11:27pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35

Hi.Can anyone recommend a decent brand of water/windproof jacket for the bike?.I commute 30k each day to work ..Preferably around the 70 euro mark max.Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭djbproductions

scholesy wrote: »
    Hi.Can anyone recommend a decent brand of water/windproof jacket for the bike?.I commute 30k each day to work ..Preferably around the 70 euro mark max.Thanks:)

Hiya .. I had a waterproof jacket for sale under http://adverts.ie/180883 but had taken it off for a few weeks and was thinking of adding it back on, would you be interested? Its a large size, but as I am 6ft 2" I found it a little short in the arm length. I will be looking for eur35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I just bought one of these off wiggle, reduced from 111 euro to 67 euro:

DHB Droxford Waterproof Jacket

I have a few bits of dhb kit, it's mostly good quality at affordable prices.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 scholesy

Thanks Dirk.I was looking at that jacket on wiggle alright.I have a number of DHB products,find them very good quality..I ended up going for an Endura Gridlock High Vis on chain reaction.it was a toss up between that or the DHB one..hope i chose the correct one! reviews to follow:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

hi dirkvoodoo,
    whats the fit like on that jacket?? would you recommend going one or two sizes up say from your normal jersey fit??
    looks like a a very neat piece of kit at a a very good price..

Cheers

moby2101 wrote: »
    hi dirkvoodoo,
    whats the fit like on that jacket?? would you recommend going one or two sizes up say from your normal jersey fit??
    looks like a a very neat piece of kit at a a very good price..

Cheers

Moby, still waiting for it to arrive but my experience with most DHB stuff is that it is a slightly looser fit. I go for a medium and it's normally pretty spot on when compared with their sizing chart. I have only experience with some of the more roadie stuff where a tight fit is needed, so I can't comment on the jacket. I'll let you know when it gets here.

• Advertisement

Moby: Jacket arrived today, along with a dhb set of waterproof trousers, both size S.

The jacket is quite a roomy fit, good along the chest but quite loose and long at the waist. The arms are also very long, they easily cover my hands if I let them hang. I'm not sure why they are so long, but I bought the jacket for very wet trips into town and home, so I would be wearing it over clothes and being loose is a good thing. If you are thinking of using this for "lycra clad" cycling, it might be worth sizing down or going with a more fitted jacket.

As for the pants, also size S but they are quite tight. Good length though and they will fit over a pair of jeans at a push.

Now I don't need to go getting changed in people's apartments, I can arrive ready made!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Moved into main forum as it's not buying or selling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi Dirk,
    Thanks for that...Im gonna order one later on today..
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I am normally M on top but I went for S with my dhb Wickham jacket (last year's version of the one linked.) I had got an M but it was much too roomy. Great jacket even at the full price. Same with all my other dhb stuff, I go one size smaller than normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

There are some deals on Castelli stuff on probikekit.com I ordered a rain jacket- e30 and an extra 10% off if you type in SUPER10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I just bought one of these off wiggle, reduced from 111 euro to 67 euro:

DHB Droxford Waterproof Jacket

I have a few bits of dhb kit, it's mostly good quality at affordable prices.

Ordered it on Tuesday 14th and it arrived Monday 20th with the free postage option. I've seen a bit of disgruntlement expressed around here about Wiggle's delivery times so I thought I'd draw a bit of attention to my good delivery time experience.

Btw, I'm 171 cm and about 64 kg. Got the small size and I'm very happy with the fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ogre357

using one of these mtbing. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=32194 good quality.

Advertisement