Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jasmine Star's wedding photos.

• 06-09-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

So after following online on and off over the few days the Creative Live wedding shoot was on with Jasmine Star photographer here is the link to her blog which gives a broad series of photos throught the whole event.

http://www.jasminestarblog.com/index.cfm?postID=936

I'd be interested in the views from the wedding photographer's / fashion photographer's who post here and or others that watched the show in relation to the end result i.e. the photos to be given to the clients and I'm sure that many of the set linked above are from "Jasmine's favs".

As I'm not qualified / experienced enough to comment on the technical side of the photos, i.e sharpness, lighting, composition etc.....can I say that I hated the chocolate factory as a venue, (not sure if this was outside her control of not) think that red brick / cream painted wall did nothing for the photos (except maybe the evening shots) and should have been scrapped early on, the backgrounds seem very crowded in alot of the other shots. I also hated the outdoor shots against the wire fence too.

So what you think, is all the hype good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Firstly before going into the details of the photos, wedding photography, to me, is not just about the end result, the whole experience of the photography service is very important and it seems she is damn good at that. Her clients like her as a person and seem to get along with her.

So on to the photos, on a whole, I love the photos, yes there are one or two that I am not mad about, I think she spends an awful lot of time on detail shots, her style seems to be quite documentary but she is good at it. I would definitely be taking some hints from the streaming with me although I dont agree with absolutely everything I so think she is worth the hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Some of the shots I dont like, some I do, but thats not whats important. The lady in the white has the last word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

I think they represent a competent set of images, however I don't think they would stand out of the crowd in any competition. I've seen better sets from Irish wedding photographers, maybe even including myself.

I'm still only on day 2 of the "Jasmine Star Show" and one thing is very clear, she is not a master wedding photographer and she knows that. She's a master at being in the wedding photography business and that's what counts. If I could I'd be just the same. I think there's a lot to learn from her & I do respect her for what she's done in such a short time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I thought the photos were nothing to write home about.

As in, not worth 10 or 15 grand or whatever she charges (I know she wasn't paid for this one).

Especially considering there was about 6 shooters in total, including her husband. I don't know how many of the final shots we saw are hers, but not all. And, when you consider that she is putting her absolute best on her blog and in the slideshow, I'm not blown away anyway.

There was about 3 or 4 shots that I thought were really nice, ones from the 'first look' or whatever she calls it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Wow, she earns 15 grand for doing a wedding? Fair play to her I say, obviously a great business woman, but the pics left me cold. Each to their own I guess. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Arciphel wrote: »
    Wow, she earns 15 grand for doing a wedding? Fair play to her I say, obviously a great business woman, but the pics left me cold. Each to their own I guess. :)

Ah, it's only Dollars though, not Euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Firstly before going into the details of the photos, wedding photography, to me, is not just about the end result, the whole experience of the photography service is very important and it seems she is damn good at that. Her clients like her as a person and seem to get along with her.

So on to the photos, on a whole, I love the photos, yes there are one or two that I am not mad about, I think she spends an awful lot of time on detail shots, her style seems to be quite documentary but she is good at it. I would definitely be taking some hints from the streaming with me although I dont agree with absolutely everything I so think she is worth the hype.

Yes absolutely, I agree see is a very good business woman and butters her clients nicely, sometimes its over the top but Americans are like that and most Americans expect it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

eas wrote: »
    I think they represent a competent set of images, however I don't think they would stand out of the crowd in any competition. I've seen better sets from Irish wedding photographers, maybe even including myself.

I'm still only on day 2 of the "Jasmine Star Show" and one thing is very clear, she is not a master wedding photographer and she knows that. She's a master at being in the wedding photography business and that's what counts. If I could I'd be just the same. I think there's a lot to learn from her & I do respect her for what she's done in such a short time.

Yeah, I really like your style of wedding photography eas.

This seems to be the main point most people had to say in the earlier thread, that she's knows the business / networking and marketing side very well. Link below if you missed it cant say I remember you posting in there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055969224

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

thanks IamBlip - I was away when that thread was going on & for most of the live broadcasts. I ended up buying the downloads for interest sake.
    As in, not worth 10 or 15 grand or whatever she charges (I know she wasn't paid for this one).

I would say she is worth what she charges because people pay that for it.

Is a Rolex worth 25K?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I met another photographer at a wedding show and he was selling a €10,000 package and the stuff he shot was not up to that standard but he was a very good businessman. At this level people are buying you not the product, but this is always the way in sales. I didnt know there were 5 photographers in total, for the work on the blog the first half is a real let down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Arciphel wrote: »

Well if they keep paying she'll keep charging!:)

Advertisement