Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

photograph advice

• 06-09-2010 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

i have dignal camera called photosmart hp hp:precision 3x optical zoom 5.9mm-17.7mm. when i try to take picture of some one they always shining and white as a ghost and looks awful.i took picture of my self i am not photogenic at all but still.
    i took of my self i look as white a sheet and wide as house and and face looks like it has been dipped in grease. when i had matt make up and washed hair and it still up flaws i look like fat clown from circle which i don,t look like .and that as well as looking like i am stoned or drunk. i am in no way photogenic i hate photos but i have take photo with out looking liked stone clown and my look turned. i find take a very detailed almost to detailed it puts every single flaw and grease mark,and tiny black hair on the face ,i have the brightest down to low and it makes no difference .

i am think buying another that won,t pick up as much detail and flaw and takes natural photo that won,t up on the clowns effects.

as any one any advice on pick a camera that won,t be as effect as picking up theses flaws.other people photos are not like this at all i don,t understand this at all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Is the flash going off Louise?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

i am think buying another that won,t pick up as much detail and flaw and takes natural photo that won,t up on the clowns effects.

as any one any advice on pick a camera that won,t be as effect as picking up theses flaws.other people photos are not like this at all i don,t understand this at all
    This might be a problem with the camera. Can we see an example and we can decide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

dazftw wrote: »
    Is the flash going off Louise?
    yes the flash is going off its very bright

Fajitas! wrote: »
    This might be a problem with the camera. Can we see an example and we can decide?
    example well no because uts very embrassing photos.it objects as normal but people not very well.people photos all weird and out of shape then again i am might be the problem and NOT the camera. then again i am not photographer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

upload and example, unedited... there's lots of data embedded behind the photo so we could see what's going on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

ladylouise wrote: »
    yes the flash is going off its very bright

Try turning it off Louise and take another picture.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

it just does n,t take natural photo it pick all the flaws including the 10 extra pounds and every ounce of grease and it meas my face 3 times the size it is.i have seen heavy girls take photos there no where as bad i mean that girls who are 2 or 3 stone heaver. no grease or flaws and or clowns features with them.i take a very bad photo any way but the photo this camera takes its joke.it,d make Cindy Crawford look bad and fat she got her photo taken with this camera and i am not photogenic but this is joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If this is your camera:

c00950845.jpg

These are the instructions for turning off the flash:

Picture2.png
    Try taking some shots without the flash.

The camera probably is set to use auto flash when you turn it on. This means it will only use the flash if there is not much light, so you could also just try going outside or somewhere where there is plenty of light so the flash won't fire and try taking some photos there.

If you have a tripod or can sit the camera on a box across the table from somewhere where you can sit, you could also try using the self timer on the camera to take photos where you have a bit of time to pose and so the camera doesn't get jiggled from being hand held with the flash off.

Are you taking photos standing back from a mirror or are you taking photos holding the camera away from you with the lens pointing back at you?

If it's the second method, it could be you are too close to the camera and it is set to wide angle. This can cause unflattering distortion of things to close.

Try standing back from a mirror and using the zoom on the camer to zoom in on your reflection, this will reduce the chance of distortion - or use the box trick and zoom it at where you will be sitting.

cnocbui wrote: »
    If this is your camera:

c00950845.jpg

These are the instructions for turning off the flash:

Picture2.png
    Try taking some shots without the flash.

The camera probably is set to use auto flash when you turn it on. This means it will only use the flash if there is not much light, so you could also just try going outside or somewhere where there is plenty of light so the flash won't fire and try taking some photos there.

If you have a tripod or can sit the camera on a box across the table from somewhere where you can sit, you could also try using the self timer on the camera to take photos where you have a bit of time to pose and so the camera doesn't get jiggled from being hand held with the flash off.

Are you taking photos standing back from a mirror or are you taking photos holding the camera away from you with the lens pointing back at you?

If it's the second method, it could be you are too close to the camera and it is set to wide angle. This can cause unflattering distortion of things to close.

Try standing back from a mirror and using the zoom on the camer to zoom in on your reflection, this will reduce the chance of distortion - or use the box trick and zoom it at where you will be sitting.
    ah no this one
    http://h41131.www4.hp.com/media2.php/Heather/R742%20Large.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

ladylouise wrote: »

Instructions for turning off the flash for that model are the same as those I posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Maybe try not to be making pictures of yourself? I have me got a €3500 camera and I still look ugly when pictures are taken of my own. Thats just me though, I was born ugly :(

Sometimes the flash is very bright on certain cameras. I've used small cameras that have made people look great & some that make people look terrible! :(

Advertisement