Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If i send my iphone directly to apple for repair, do i get a temp replacement?

Options
  • 06-09-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Hi, my iphone is seriously sick and needs to be sent off for repair. i went into o2 and they recommended that i sent my iphone directly to apple as its quicker. will they provide a temp replacement while its being repaired? i know most phone shops do and i done have another phone to use in the meantime

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,163 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did you buy the phone in the shop that's sending it for repair, if you did and they have some spare they may give you something to keep you going? You'll probably be asked for a deposit and it won't be an iphone they give you. Has nobody you know a spare phone hanging around for a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

I would be amazed if Apple offer a replacement, but many of the iPhone repair places will do the job in a couple of hours, so no need for a replacement. I've had mine done (twice) with Compuworld in Dun Laoghaire and found them great, but theres several other places fixing them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

no no phone lying around....bloody well sent them all off to jack n jills or some other charity! this is what i get for being charitable :( not sure how ill cope without a phone while it gets fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I sent mine off 2 weeks ago, Iphone 4 with a dodgy screen.
    I was offered a replacement while waiting for the new one to be sent out.
    Problem being they have to charge your credit card for the cost of the phone (in my case 600 euro or so).
    When you send the phone back they refund the money to your card.
    I didnt bother as I had an old crappy phone lying around.

On the plus side the service was excellent from apple.
    I rang them on a saturday morning, guy was really nice.
    UPS collected from my job on Monday afternoon.
    I could fully track it using UPS and the update emails from apple.
    I had my replacement phone , brand spanking new in my lap on Thursday morning.
    Phone has been perfect since.
    Hope it works out for you.

Advertisement