Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuesday Internationals Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Time for Quieroz to come back where he belongs to being Sir Alex's right hand man in the dugout;)
    Hasn't he been suspended by Portugal for six months or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

greendom wrote: »
    Benzema scores for France with 20 to go

And Malouda's goal should wrap it up - crisis what crisis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Portugal are seriously screwed, and if their under 21 squad's last two performances are anything to go by, there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Alan Hutton lucky to have his leg still. Shocking tackle. Disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

How the hell did that Liechtenstein player get away with a yellow card. That's a straight red all day long. Leg breaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The last 5 minutes of the Scotland match should shown to all referees. A disgusting tackle was as good as let go and then a Liechenstein player lies down after no contact and a free is given. Sad to watch.

Hutton for God's sake, do something worth getting booked for, don't waste it on a shove!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What a depressing end to the Scotland game. Lichtenstein player with a truly awful challenge that goes unpunished and then another one pretending to be injured after no contact.

The game really is stooping lower and lower as the years go on.

Shocking stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Archimedes wrote: »
    Portugal are seriously screwed, and if their under 21 squad's last two performances are anything to go by, there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

article-1302469-0AC607EA000005DC-50_468x286.jpg

Shame on you Archi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Adam Johnson is the new Theo Waclott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Scotland game over yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Scotland win it. Where did the stoppage time come from though?

F**king Scotland.
    2-1.
    96th min of 95 added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

96 and a half mins and Scotland win it.

they're still **** :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Scotland haven't a hope of getting out of their group. They are rubbish.

****ing delighted. Was laughing earlier at Scotland earlier being a goal down but I'm delighted they got the win after how Liechenstein have behaved at the end of this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

poor Liechenstein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Haha...2-1 Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

96th minute winner for Scotland . They 100% deserved that for the other teams antics the last 15 mins , disgraceful stuff including a leg breaker of a challenge on Hutton , thankfully he was ok.

• Advertisement

Reina howler against Argentina :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

sky88 wrote: »
    poor Liechenstein

Vicious tackles and cheating? Yeah poor Liechtenstein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Last minute of that Scots game produced more excitement than the full 90 at the aviva, looking good for Scotland top of the group now:D

sky88 wrote: »
    poor Liechenstein

Delighted they lost after their behaviour towards the end.

Reina wasn't great for the other two goals either. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him in a Spain shirt for a while with Valdes' form and De Gea coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Go on the jocks!! If they ever needed a goal, that was it!! Yes they are still crap though!!

The lad who tackled Hutton should be banned for a year from game. It was disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

That was an absolutely cracking end to a match... Scotland deserved it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Damn Scots :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

As I said it doesn't really matter. Scotland haven't a hope of qualifying.

And Ireland do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Le King wrote: »
    As I said it doesn't really matter. Scotland haven't a hope of qualifying.

The do not have a hope of topping the group, but have a decent chance of getting second place and being in the play-offs. All depends on the games against the Czech's

• Advertisement

Lovely little Pro Evo-esque goal from Messi, and everybody's fave goal - a rocket off the underside of the bar from Ukraine's Aliyev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Reina wasn't great for the other two goals either. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him in a Spain shirt for a while with Valdes' form and De Gea coming through.

I'm guessing you don't watch liverpool play much so

What a miss by Llorente.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Is it top team qualifies and second placed team gets a play-off in each group?

niallo27 wrote: »

Yeh, I do. But you can't play like that and not expect someone like Valdes (who's form for Barcelona has been better than Reina's for Liverpool) to move above you in the pecking order.

What point are you trying to make?

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Yeh, I do. But you can't play like that and not expect someone like Valdes (who's form for Barcelona has been better than Reina's for Liverpool) to move above you in the pecking order.

Reina won the golden glove award last year even when Liverpool came seventh, from what I have watched of barca valdes has being good but nothing special, Reina one of the best in the world in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Dean820 wrote: »
    Is it top team qualifies and second placed team gets a play-off in each group?

Best 2nd placed team automatically qualifies, the other 8 go into the play-off.
    This time to avoid controversy Uefa has said in advance the draw will be seeded.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    What point are you trying to make?

Look up from here

I do...

ignore the music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

cooker3 wrote: »
    Best 2nd placed team automatically qualifies, the other 8 go into the play-off.
    This time to avoid controversy Uefa has said in advance the draw will be seeded.

There's a good chance we won't need a play-off then, six points already. :)

Reina won the golden glove award last year even when Liverpool came seventh, from what I have watched of barca valdes has being good but nothing special, Reina one of the best in the world in my opinion

A couple of years ago, Valdes was good but nothing special. His form in the last 2 years however has elevated him above Reina. Both very good goalkeepers, but Valdes is better imo and doesn't make the high profile mistakes Reina does.

Yes but playing ****e for your country doesn't help your international chances.

OMG What a goal that would have been, magical from Messi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Lol you can only laugh at this forum. Reina is one of the best goalkeepers in the World and he slips and makes a mistake and now he's useless. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Messi. Incredible stuff

Archimedes wrote: »
    A couple of years ago, Valdes was good but nothing special. His form in the last 2 years however has elevated him above Reina. Both very good goalkeepers, but Valdes is better imo and doesn't make the high profile mistakes Reina does.

High profile mistakes, besides arsenal I can't remember any, I'm sure I could find a few from valdes if I looked

Mister men wrote: »
    Lol you can only laugh at this forum. Reina is one of the best goalkeepers in the World and he slips and makes a mistake and now he's useless. :pac:

No one has said he's useless. What adox said is spot on.

High profile mistakes, besides arsenal I can't remember any, I'm sure I could find a few from valdes if I looked

Arsenal and Everton spring to mind, and tonight. Not a high profile game, but important to him in that it was one of his rare chances to impress the boss on international duty. It's just an opinion, don't take it so personal. No one's saying he's crap, I'm just agreeing with the poster who said Valdes is better.

• Advertisement

Mister men wrote: »

Don't think anyones said he's useless. He is however competing against two other world class keepers for the Spanish no 1 spot. Not playing well isn't helping his chances.

I think some people are putting two and two together and getting five.

Advertisement