Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuesday Internationals Thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

anyone who thinks Reina is a poor keeper should literally burn their keyboard and never enter the soccer forum again. Spain are blessed with an unbelievable wealth of keepers.

Hed walk into 95% of national teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Mister men wrote: »
    Lol you can only laugh at this forum. Reina is one of the best goalkeepers in the World and he slips and makes a mistake and now he's useless. :pac:
    anyone who thinks Reina is a poor keeper should literally burn their keyboard and never enter the soccer forum again. Spain are blessed with an unbelievable wealth of keepers.

Good thing nobody said he was useless or poor then, isn't it?

Awfully touchy in here tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anyone care to comment on England's 2nd half? Didn't see it myself, how'd they do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Archimedes wrote: »
    Arsenal and Everton spring to mind, and tonight. Not a high profile game, but important to him in that it was one of his rare chances to impress the boss on international duty. It's just an opinion, don't take it so personal. No one's saying he's crap, I'm just agreeing with the poster who said Valdes is better.

I'm not I'm just giving my opinion, that everton game was about 4 years ago was it, good sign if you have to go back that far to find a mistake

Anyone care to comment on England's 2nd half? Didn't see it myself, how'd they do?

Saw bits of it, they looked decent, seemed clinical enough, they will piss that group

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'm not I'm just giving my opinion, that everton game was about 4 years ago was it, good sign if you have to go back that far to find a mistake

Actually I only have to go back about half an hour to find a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Mister men wrote: »
    Messi. Incredible stuff

meh, mcgeady is better tbf:p

Archimedes wrote: »
    Actually I only have to go back about half an hour to find a mistake.

Didn't think friendlys were high profile games but fair enough if you think they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

LLorente with a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Lovely finish by Llorente.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Didn't think friendlys were high profile games but fair enough if you think they are

I'm sure Reina considers one of the rare chances he gets to play for Spain fairly high profile, but sure if he doesn't then that further proves that Valdes is a better choice than him.

I hope Valdes is 2nd to Casillas after tonight, not that it'd matter **** when the manure hits the fan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Aguero! 4-1, lovely header.

Goal........

Argentina 4-1 España....

Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Nice header, but where was the marking??? Left on his own totally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Ended 4-1 for Argentina...only saw last few mins. But good win against what seemed like a fairly strong Spanish side.
    Our 0-1 to an offside goal last month looks a lot better now!!!

Rumour has it Brian Kerr to get open top through every village :pac:

Only messing. But I have not seen a mention of this result, and Kerr is one of our own after all. I don't think he will qualify for anything, but I think he can get them 2nd from bottom, possibly third.

Pepe Reina to be burnt at the stake :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Stevecw wrote: »
    Ended 4-1 for Argentina...only saw last few mins. But good win against what seemed like a fairly strong Spanish side.
    Our 0-1 to an offside goal last month looks a lot better now!!!

Ireland, best team in the world? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

roryc wrote: »
    And Ireland do?
    Eh yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

adox wrote: »
    Delighted they lost after their behaviour towards the end.

I'm not meaning to condone it but I'd say it was just pure desperation from a side that gets twatted more often than not and had never taken a point off a British side.

It's not right but it is understandable in that context.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Yeah, anybody who slightly criticises any Liverpool player should have there hands cut off with a rusty hacksaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The Bulgaria manager has quit after they lost their first 2 games,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8980088.stm

Advertisement