Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roaming with HTC Desire

• 06-09-2010 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm on Meteor with HTC Desire.

Am going to Amsterdam at the weeekend, and was hoping to use the navigation function to get around.

Are roaming data charges generally cost-prohibitive? I know roaming for calls has been regulated by EU over the past few years, and was wondering if this applies to data roaming in any way.

Also, is it possible to use the GPS function on the Desire while turning off 3G/data connection?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

You can download cached maps with an app such as Mapdroyd which allows you to use gps without using data plan.

I think meteor are charging 80 cent per megabyte in EU countries now. Thats not too bad , as long as you're not watching videos or doing heavy downloading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i'd suggest grabbing a vodafone prepay sim before you go and using their live apn. it's 99c per day for 50meg usage. there is a charge once you go over.

you can also sign up for their "360" deal which is the same idea as above except 39c for 100meg.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

sesna wrote: »
    You can download cached maps with an app such as Mapdroyd which allows you to use gps without using data plan.

I think meteor are charging 80 cent per megabyte in EU countries now. Thats not too bad , as long as you're not watching videos or doing heavy downloading

Just downloaded this. Looks good, cheers!

How can I make sure I have all updates turned off? So I dont get push emails and the like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

To be completely sure you don't get charged you could go into settings and rename your APN. That should completely disable it even if you try to use it

Advertisement