Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beating his dog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Whats the point in having a justice system if we leave it to vigilante to dole out the punishments.
    <br />
    <br />
    Ah yeah, sure why should we ever take the law into our own hands? Sure next time someone tries to break into my house I'll make them a cup of tea! Oh wait wasn't the law changed in recent times on this? So was the old legislation flawed? But surely no other legislation can be flawed in this country, nothing is wrong & nothing needs to be fixed! Hmmm<br />
    <br />
    <b>There is no evidence that the dog was attacked</b> but the OPs mate knocked out on of the guys so there is evidence for that assault.<br />
    <br />
    Yes the OPs mate is still in the wrong as he should never have punched the man.
    <b>If</b> This is how it all happened & <b>If</b> the guards listened to the OP's mates,they should investigate the allegations by having a to look at the dog, there'd be marks & tender spots. Not every1 is a scumbag & decks people for no reason, assault can happen in self defence, but sure the guards always just arrest the person who came out ontop of exchange's like this. Anyway, this is getting silly & into what if territory (yes I'm very much to blame). The OP's account of the story should be what's discussed as no1 here can prove anything to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

I am no troll. I just find it hard to believe that you could condone violence against people while at the same time being aghast if it occurs against animals. Talk about a double standard. What happened to the OPs friend was proper order, you cannot go around punching people when you see something objectionable acting like a vigilante. The proper course of action would have been to alert the authorities had he witnessed suspected animal cruelty.

But no the OP was right and the people attacked were wrong seems to be the unenlightened chorus to be heard here. Unprovoked punching a person, or hitting a dog, you have to ask yourself which is the greater evil. It seems that people here believe the latter to be worse, which is crazy.
    if my mate didn't hit the guy in self defence then he would deserve a charge but that s not the case as you can see in other posts i have made. he prob would have hit the guy anyway just for hitting the dog so would i. because reporting them seems to be a waste of time so im sure he will take whats coming to him if it goes to court and this would not stop him from doing it again

Discodog wrote: »
    Oh they do. We all know that the Guards are selective in which lawbreakers they choose to apprehend. Hitting the dog is illegal. It is not up to the Guards to decide priorities unless a human was being attacked at the same time.

What is the point in having law if we leave it to the Guards to decide.
    +1 it is against the law so it should be followed tru the goverment put in so much time into catching people who avoid paying road tax a much lesser crime than beating a dog and if i was cought with no car tax you can be sure i would be done and rightly so because having no road tax is against the law and so is hitting a dog but yet rarely anything is done about

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

We shouldn't be grading crimes. If something is illegal then the law should be enforced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

pokertalk wrote: »
    y do people just post stupit comments like this just to get a reaction

Because they're either (a)trolling or (b)a condescending, up-their-own-arse wanker who doesn't give a **** about the suffering of people or animals. Fair play to your mate OP, if this ever gets to court, it'll be the law thats wrong, not him.Nothing pisses me off faster than animal cruelty!:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

Because they're either (a)trolling or (b)a condescending, up-their-own-arse wanker who doesn't give a **** about the suffering of people or animals. Fair play to your mate OP, if this ever gets to court, it'll be the law thats wrong, not him.Nothing pisses me off faster than animal cruelty!:mad::mad:

the words of a moron that can only get there point across by insulting people

and yes i'm aware of the irony :o

dont think he cares if it does go to court.im not into punching people for no reason it would have to be a good one and since the guards are going to do nothing about it then normal folk like us should at least intervene like we would if it were a human
    i dont think people should be verbaly attacked on here just for a view they might have either so if anyone is here just to do so i would prefere if they did not take part in the discussion

the words of a moron that can only get there point across by insulting people

and yes i'm aware of the irony :o

I think you fit exhibit b perfectly:) also, hypocrite much?

were would this site be without internet hardmen/hardwomen like your good self

There is no evidence that the dog was attacked but the OPs mate knocked out on of the guys so there is evidence for that assault.

Yes the OPs mate is still in the wrong as he should never have punched the man.
    how was there no evidence the dog was attacked what are you on about

• Advertisement

were would this site be without internet hardmen/hardwomen like your good self

Ah yes, because as soon as ive finished writing this i'm going to put on my cape and bulletproof vigilante cosume, track down the 2 dog-abuse culprits, beat both of them into a coma with my special titanium nightstick, disembowel them and chop their bodies into confetti and scatter it off the top of liberty hall, shouting 'JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE!!', right?:rolleyes:
    FFS all i said was fair play to the OP's friend for stepping in and doing something:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

I don't approve of violence, but I must admit I admire anyone who'd punch an animal abuser.

I hope this goes to court, that your friend gets a chance to tell the story. Any resulting fine should be worn as a badge of honour and your friend will gain many admirers in the process.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

a dog is less important than a person

Where, in the wide universe, is it written that a dog is less important than a person?

Where, in the wide universe, is it written that a dog is less important than a person?

well on this thread by me for a start, :D
    and the bible

do you concider yourself equal with dogs?

Ah yes, because as soon as ive finished writing this i'm going to put on my cape and bulletproof vigilante cosume, track down the 2 dog-abuse culprits, beat both of them into a coma with my special titanium nightstick, disembowel them and chop their bodies into confetti and scatter it off the top of liberty hall, shouting 'JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE!!', right?:rolleyes:
    FFS all i said was fair play to the OP's friend for stepping in and doing something:rolleyes:

your opinion is just as improtant as anyone else's, it was more the way you said it that bothered me, i'm not used to that kind of language, (i was rased by nuns)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Golden labrador drowning and an albino lady drowning.
    You can only save one.
    Who would you save?

mikom wrote: »
    You can only save one.
    Who would you save?
    lol whats with the albino baby

lol whats with the albino baby

It's lady.

I'm trying to get them as similar as possible... see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I think its funny that you all believe the OP's mate's story.

Sounds like a complete spoof to me..

I mean, the guy who is alleged to have hit the dog threw a punch and the OP's mate and missed, then the OP threw one in return and KO'd the guy :rolleyes: and the guy's mate done nothing, then all three hung around for the police!.

I've hit a lot of people in my time, and unless its a sucker punch it ain't that easy to KO someone. And NEVER have I seen the case where all involved just hung around like 'buds waiting for AGS!.

The whole story stinks of BS.

It's lady.

I'm trying to get them as similar as possible... see.
    soz me eysight is going

• Advertisement

You can only save one.
    Who would you save?

i don't like labradors so i'd probably save the woman, but more than likely i'd just keep fishing

I mean, the guy who is alleged to have hit the dog threw a punch and the OP's mate and missed, then the OP threw one in return and KO'd the guy :rolleyes: and the guy's mate done nothing, then all three hung around for the police!.

I've hit a lot of people in my time, and unless its a sucker punch it ain't that easy to KO someone. And NEVER have I seen the case where all involved just hung around like 'buds waiting for AGS!.

jesus ..... he had a verbal arguemant with the guy for 2 mins the garda station is across the road plus the guy is a boxer .you have some neck calling me a liar or my mate

you've thrown a lot of punches in your time but i don't think you landed any :D

jesus ..... he had a verbal arguemant with the guy for 2 mins the garda station is across the road plus the guy is a boxer .you have some neck calling me a liar or my mate

that makes it even worse, a trained fighter punching members of the public :(

jesus ..... he had a verbal arguemant with the guy for 2 mins the garda station is across the road plus the guy is a boxer .you have some neck calling me a liar.

I'm calling your mate a spoofer...

you've thrown a lot of punches in your time but i don't think you landed any :D

But I live in hope :P

plus the guy is a boxer

Looking out for his own.... Fair play.

I'm calling your mate a spoofer...

you dont know my mate and have no rite to accuse him of it. the guy done a good thing and all you can do is put him down????

the guy is a boxer
    all you can do is put him down????

R.I.P.

• Advertisement

R.I.P.
    here inspecter mac whether you think the story is true or not is irrelavant its not the discussion here its the fact that
    nothing was done about the dog so please keep your irrelavant opinions to yourself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement