Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to learn how to play basketball

Options
  • 07-09-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Im living in limerick at the moment and Im 20 years old Im wondering is there anywhere I can learn how to play basketball or any teams that are used to supporting people in my position in Limerick city, Ive never played club basketball and wouldint be to familiar with the rules of the game except for some of the basics.

any help would be great:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lkasprzak

I think this site is very useful:

http://www.ihoops.com/

lots of training tips :) good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

get a ball. find a ring and start shooting. look at the videos online on how to shoot. then practice.. get yourself up to a point where you can shoot with some type of accuracy and start looking for teams. your shot will be affected alot by your form, so try to get that right from the start.. after that dribbling is the next important thing to learn. practice again will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

cheers lads Im not to bad with shooting and dribbiling used to play alot on the school hoop with friends, I suppose the best thing is to just go to any team really around the city and join up and practice my ass off :D

Advertisement