Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shipping a guitar abroad

• 07-09-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I'm sending my bass to Germany this week and I'm looking for any tips on shipping abroad. I'm planning on sticking it into the case and putting the case into a large cardboard box (that hopefully I'll get from a music store) and filling the box with bubble wrap or something?

I also think I'll loosen the strings and stick something between the strings and the fretboard. Anyone else got tips on what to do? What to put in the case or the box?

Regards
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Depending on how the guitar fits into the case, you might need to put something between the body of the guitar and the case so that it can't move around. Just to be clear, I mean the bottom of the guitar (where the strap button is). I've seen people use bubble wrap and suitably shaped lumps of polystyrene for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Nice one. Any other tips from anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Mongo wrote: »
    Nice one. Any other tips from anyone?

Don't use GLS....

Why not? Want to say why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Why not? Want to say why?

GLS are a fricken disaster. I wouldn't put them in charge of a disease.

There is a super Super thread about those mofo's somewhere on boards.

• Advertisement

Uh ohs. Shipped today with them. Oh wells it's in allahs hands now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Uh ohs. Shipped today with them. Oh wells it's in allahs hands now.

Well it could only be the Irish part of the journey. It should be passed on to a quality Germany courier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gerry2010

ah why are you shipping it to germany?

Because thats where the dude lived who I was trading with. I used GLS and so did he and there was no problems on either end!

Advertisement