Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen motorbikes

Options
  • 07-09-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭

Completely forgot to put up a warning about this. My motorbike and my brothers motorbike were stolen last Friday night from the carpark in Seabourne View. The lads had been hanging around in a van for about a week - anyway they were recovered and the lads were arrested with our stolen motorbikes in a stolen van but the guard was just saying to me tonight that a lot of these lads just drive around Charlesland on a frequent enough basis cause its so open

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Glad to see you got them back.

No harm in sticking a thread up in the Motorbikes section also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Absolute scum. Glad they were caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

My moped was broken into last night or this morning in Seabourne View - I have a glove compartment that was broken open - they also broke open another seat compartment of another scooter and there looks to be an abandoned car in the car park this evening

I reported this to the Gardai

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Guards and recovery truck just came - looks like car was stolen and abandoned here in Seabourne tonight alright

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

My radio was taken from my car last night and contents of my glove compartment scattered all over the front seat in the carpark of Seabourne View last night. Be on the lookout residents!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

:mad:

Have a convertible so slightly worried now but alarm is really loud so should be a deterrent.

2 motorbikes and a jeep stolen from carpark in Seabourne view last night

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tommyaj

My wife's jeep taken. About 7:30pm last night a neighbour walking the dogs saw activity in carpark. A jeep, my wife's I guess and another car with lights on and seemed to be hanging around, he noticed that a squad car had pulled in a white van out on the road and got the impression that the two were waiting for the Gardai to move on before they moved out.

I have reported to the Gardai. Jeep was a beige silver Toyota Landcruiser Prado 97 D 66829 with big bullbar. Looks like they took they jeep to transport the two old style motorbikes. A tight fit with two bikes in the back, might have had rear door of jeep open?
    Any information greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement