Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

190RD M4 Mid-Caps

• 07-09-2010 1:26am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just bought myself a Dboys M4 (My first airsoft gun and I absolutely love it). As you can probably tell from the title I'm looking for some 190 round mags for it. Ehobbyasia have a set of 5 (http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/mag-190rd-real-finish-metal-magazine-for-m4-m16-aeg-5pcs.html) but delivery is expensive and I'd have to pay vat as well and I really don't think I'd even need 5 right now. Does any one know where I can get them individually or even get them somewhere closer to home so I don't have to pay customs.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Mid West Airsoft stock both 130 rnd and 100 rnd mid caps

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Plenty of places have the 130rd mags. I'd prefer to go with 190rd mags though. Seems to be as close to a high-cap as you can get without having to wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Slaine1916

Ok so your new to airsoft but one of the things you will learn is that the reason people use midcaps is to try cut down on spray and pray.
    With 300 plus mags there is no skill involved you can just put literally hundreds of rounds down stream and hope you hit something and with that many BB's chances are you will.
    As you progress down the Airsoft road you will find that very unsatisfying and will want to try something more realistic I personally run around with 90 round midcaps but leave the Aeg on single shot only putting 3 round bursts down stream and you would be surprised that the number of kills still remains the same.
    So 190 round midcaps just seems to defeat the whole purpose of trying for realism / Milsim best off just staying with cheap 300 hicaps until then.
    Or Just Ignore me and do as you wish its your game and whatever floats your boat mate just have fun its why we play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mauclerc

Without considering realism, you will see that most of the time, you will shoot less than 190 rounds per game. My first games I must have shot around 30 or 40 rounds before being hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

You do realize that just because a mag can hold 190 BB's doesnt mean you have to load 190 BB's. If he wants to carry less ammo in future he can just load less into the mags. Simple.

To be honest I didn't even know you could get 190 round STANAG mags. You could ask the likes of SE Airsoft to order them in for you, but to be honest you'd probably just be better off ordering them in yourself. As the retailer is still gonna have to pay delievery and VAT on them.

Oh and welcome to airsoft!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Lads he just asked for where to buy a product, not a lecture.

On topic, I haven't heard of STANAG 190 round mid caps, 130 is the largest capacity I've seen. Now i could be wrong, but this is the first time i've seen them mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

Lads he just asked for where to buy a product, not a lecture.

Im Glad Some One Said It!!!

OP - I would recomend E Hobby, I went with their cheaper postage offer and recieved my package in a week!

You'll struggle to get cheaper in Ireland (or struggle to get them at all) unless you post a wanted advert and go the second hand route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Slaine1916 wrote: »
    Ok so your new to airsoft but one of the things you will learn is that the reason people use midcaps is to try cut down on spray and pray.
    With 300 plus mags there is no skill involved you can just put literally hundreds of rounds down stream and hope you hit something and with that many BB's chances are you will.
    As you progress down the Airsoft road you will find that very unsatisfying and will want to try something more realistic I personally run around with 90 round midcaps but leave the Aeg on single shot only putting 3 round bursts down stream and you would be surprised that the number of kills still remains the same.
    So 190 round midcaps just seems to defeat the whole purpose of trying for realism / Milsim best off just staying with cheap 300 hicaps until then.
    Or Just Ignore me and do as you wish its your game and whatever floats your boat mate just have fun its why we play.
    That second sentence was jsut so god damned cliché. Sure, lets just say everyone with a stubby killer has a box mag and a lipo strap...oh wait...

In all fairness though, this is a topic we seem to get week in and week out, it's getting kinda boring. We've said it before and we'll say it again, it's not what you use, it's how you use it. You've practically said "AlmightyCushion, if you use high-caps you're gonna spray and pray, but mids will make you uber 1337". Not picking on you, just think that the whole hi-cap thing is getting silly.

Now to help the OP.
    The metal mags are great and all, but the MAG ABS range are fantastic! Lightweight and durable (coming from Lefty, a player who's f*cked mags at walls to unjam them, dropped them into puddles, onto concrete, off a bus (ah HRTA) and they are mega reliable. I use STAR mags now, as they're a bit cheaper, but that's the only reason! The plastic MAG... Mags, are cheaper, you'll get 8 for the same price and you'll have a few extra there.
    Just a thought.
    Or if you wanna save a bit mroe and still get good feeding and durablility, try the STAR mags, I use them in a Dboys reciever and they work great!

Mauclerc wrote: »
    Without considering realism, you will see that most of the time, you will shoot less than 190 rounds per game. My first games I must have shot around 30 or 40 rounds before being hit.
    Play a game where you fire no rounds;)
    Best. Knife Kill. EVER.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

McGilla wrote: »
    OP - I would recomend E Hobby, I went with their cheaper postage offer and recieved my package in a week!

You'll struggle to get cheaper in Ireland (or struggle to get them at all) unless you post a wanted advert and go the second hand route.

Well, I was reading reviews on them and some people had problems with them not feeding correctly (or at all) or not fitting properly. I'd hate to throw $90 plus vat on some mags only to find they don't work for me. If I could find them cheaper then that's not that big a deal. Seeing as it doesn't seem likely to find them here, if I could get them individually instead of a box of 5 I could buy one and see if it works. If it does, happy days. If not, at least I didn't waste that much on them.
    Leftyflip wrote: »
    The metal mags are great and all, but the MAG ABS range are fantastic! Lightweight and durable (coming from Lefty, a player who's f*cked mags at walls to unjam them, dropped them into puddles, onto concrete, off a bus (ah HRTA) and they are mega reliable. I use STAR mags now, as they're a bit cheaper, but that's the only reason! The plastic MAG... Mags, are cheaper, you'll get 8 for the same price and you'll have a few extra there.
    Just a thought.
    Or if you wanna save a bit mroe and still get good feeding and durablility, try the STAR mags, I use them in a Dboys reciever and they work great!

Durability is definitely nice, simply because I can be a complete klutz at times so no doubt I'd drop them or something. I really had my heart set on the 190rd mags though. If I can't get a 190rd mag to test them out or if I do and they don't work right for me then I'll probably fall back on the mag abs mags or the star mags like you recommend. Do you have any links?

• Advertisement

They only thing is that they hold 85 rounds, forgot to mention that :o
    Link

Leftyflip wrote: »
    They only thing is that they hold 85 rounds, forgot to mention that :o
    Link

Ah right. I'd prefer to go with something with a higher capacity than that. Thanks anyways, lefty.

Advertisement