Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crook around Abbey steet in Dublin

Options
  • 07-09-2010 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

There seems to be a crook around Abbey street in Dublin that frequents the bookmakers in the area - Hackett's, Ladbrokes etc. He is trying to steal from other punters, has anyone encountered this guy? He claims he is the son of a leading bookie in Ireland, and that his family (Mulholland) has 60 pubs in Dublin. He will then tell you that such a horse is set up for a race and that he can get you the best odds, but he finds a way to disappear with your money. You will hear him placing (probably fictitious) bets of 500 and 1000 over his mobile.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

There seems to be a crook around Abbey street in Dublin that frequents the bookmakers in the area - Hackett's, Ladbrokes etc. He is trying to steal from other punters, has anyone encountered this guy? He claims he is the son of a leading bookie in Ireland, and that his family (Mulholland) has 60 pubs in Dublin. He will then tell you that such a horse is set up for a race and that he can get you the best odds, but he finds a way to disappear with your money. You will hear him placing (probably fictitious) bets of 500 and 1000 over his mobile.

You would want to be a right egit to hand your money over to a stranger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Thats John, he's an apprentice wallet inspector. I'm the full time one and back from my holidays so in future just hand over your wallet to me and I'll take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Thats John, he's an apprentice wallet inspector. I'm the full time one and back from my holidays so in future just hand over your wallet to me and I'll take it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

There seems to be a crook around Abbey street in Dublin .

Not to worry: the striped jumper, swag sack and crowbar will give him away.

Advertisement