Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be on look-out for Northern Reg Vans!

Options
  • 07-09-2010 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭

Don't really wish to give my exact location! But live up the back roads near a small village that's all yous are getting. :)

Anyway had a very suspicous large white Northern reg transit van drive slowly past our house....not even slowly more like crawled past our house at 2am tonight :eek:

The kitchen light was off at the time it would have started driving past our house. Was up getting quick snack so didn't turn it on. Then brother came up for something and turned on light.

Noticed the van and thought it seriously strange told my brother and he stood at window looking out. They seen light was on and my brother and then put the boot down and off up the back road they went.

Texted my neighbour warning him but they ended up coming back down again after few minutes and headed for main road.

Looks like they were scooping out the area so must warn the rest of neighbours tomorrow.

Time to start locking the gates! :mad:

They were after something anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Bit scary alright. You can never be too sure. Hopefully you deterred them from what ever thier intentions were or hopefully it just might of been a couple of harmless young ones assing about as most of us have done at some stage growing up.
    What were you doing up eating at that time of the morning anyway. You weren't out in the garden eating mushrooms by any chance and maybe were hallucinating all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

irlpic wrote: »
    Bit scary alright. You can never be too sure. Hopefully you deterred them from what ever thier intentions were or hopefully it just might of been a couple of harmless young ones assing about as most of us have done at some stage growing up.
    What were you doing up eating at that time of the morning anyway. You weren't out in the garden eating mushrooms by any chance and maybe were hallucinating all this?

Do alot of young ones in the north drive big transit vans these days? Hip and cool thing to drive eh long gone the days of twin cams :eek:

I was hungry. My tummy had the rumblings that only Uncle Bens sweet and Sour sauce with pasta could satisfy!

My brother and Mother did witness this occurence too.
    Think I shall play the paranoid role now and stay awake tonight and see if they come back :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Ex boyfriend lookin to stalk you? You must have hundreds of one night stands... :p

In all seriousness though thats a creepy buzz, esp with a van easy to load etc. Hopefully it'll come to nothing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

You should get yourself the best burgular alarm about, a dog. one with a sharp bite.... i mean bark! maybe a certin sterotype assosiated with northern reg transits, ie the type of person driving them!

danniemcq wrote: »
    Ex boyfriend lookin to stalk you? You must have hundreds of one night stands... :p

One of these days Dannie....one of these days :mad:

*Shakes fist*

:pac:
    In all seriousness though thats a creepy buzz, esp with a van easy to load etc. Hopefully it'll come to nothing though.

I know there was recent incidents of people stealing phone lines. Think it was in the papers. There is nothing valuable to steal outside our house apart from if they tried to steal our oil. And in fairness there aint anything valuable to steal inside either!

Anyone know how much the price is for one of those locks on the oil tank? Though I'm sure they could easily cut through that but it might put off some chancers.

You should get yourself the best burgular alarm about, a dog. one with a sharp bite.... i mean bark! maybe a certin sterotype assosiated with northern reg transits, ie the type of person driving them!

Ahh unfortunately our dog just died there at the weekend and we won't be getting another >.<

Plus if you got a good breed of guard dog they would probably end up stealing him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

White Transit? Northern Reg?

Hmmm....

snatch-pitt-flemyng.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Was just about to say don't mention the dog !! Too late :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

black N.I. reg van up our way last week one evening, drove slowly past our house, I was around the back, and when I went out front to see if they were coming in, it drove off... I didn't get a reg, but the next time I might give them a minute then follow from a distance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

White transit with Uk plates at house not far from me. Residents would make it a transit u wouldn't want to be parked at your house. ;)

black N.I. reg van up our way last week one evening, drove slowly past our house, I was around the back, and when I went out front to see if they were coming in, it drove off... I didn't get a reg, but the next time I might give them a minute then follow from a distance

To be fair i dont think it'd be too advisable to follow anyone up the road, they could after all be just driving up the road, but if you do follow them you could very well make yourself more of a target if they do see you and were up to no good!

Sorry bout the dog toni, neigbhers had a wee dog killed last weekend too. My advise is not to dwell on it too much otherwise your head can play tricks with ya, you could be on your knees looking under the bottom of your closed blinds every time a car goes past :P. Best to forget about it, and invest in some sort CCTV / alarm / baseball bat / shotgun, lol.

• Advertisement

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    White Transit? Northern Reg?

Hmmm....

snatch-pitt-flemyng.jpg

Ah now! If it's Brad Pitt wandering the roads late at night I'd have to invite him in for a cup of the ole tae! :pac:
    To be fair i dont think it'd be too advisable to follow anyone up the road, they could after all be just driving up the road, but if you do follow them you could very well make yourself more of a target if they do see you and were up to no good!

Sorry bout the dog toni, neigbhers had a wee dog killed last weekend too. My advise is not to dwell on it too much otherwise your head can play tricks with ya, you could be on your knees looking under the bottom of your closed blinds every time a car goes past :P. Best to forget about it, and invest in some sort CCTV / alarm / baseball bat / shotgun, lol.

Or just leave the lights on alot more so it looks like we awake :p

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Ah now! If it's Brad Pitt wandering the roads late at night I'd have to invite him in for a cup of the ole tae! :pac:

Or just leave the lights on alot more so it looks like we awake :p

But but but..... think about your carbon footprint, lol!

Listen here! I'm turning vegetarian so that can do the world :pac:

Anyway no sign of the van tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Listen here! I'm turning vegetarian so that can do the world :pac:

Anyway no sign of the van tonight!

You're turning veg? but i heard you love saus... hmm better not finish that,

with regards them oil locks mentioned earlier if you spend a bit of money and get a proper one they're near impossible to break without making a load of noise, and with the right bits of equipment from Maplin or any other computer parts website you can knock together a basic video camera and motion activated light.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

with regards them oil locks mentioned earlier if you spend a bit of money and get a proper one they're near impossible to break without making a load of noise, and with the right bits of equipment from Maplin or any other computer parts website you can knock together a basic video camera and motion activated light.

The problem with the locks is that if there is a lock on it, what they do is to knock a hole in the side of it and just fill up their drums with the oil and when their drums are filled off they go and the oil is still running out of your tank all over your garden. then u have to get a new tank and sort out the mess in the garden

Like I haven't heard the sausage joke a million times already.
    I'm kicking you up the bum next time I see you. Mean it this time!!!

Must find out from the hardware or some place that would likely do them. Don't think I'll go so far as the video camera thingy.
    We have been leaving on an extra light at the front and back so hopefully that will make them think twice as someone could be up.

The problem with the locks is that if there is a lock on it, what they do is to knock a hole in the side of it and just fill up their drums with the oil and when their drums are filled off they go and the oil is still running out of your tank all over your garden. then u have to get a new tank and sort out the mess in the garden

:eek:

That would be horrible!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

Don't really wish to give my exact location! But live up the back roads near a small village that's all yous are getting.

Never mind the white van, i'm still trying to figure out where you live!

gavmcfad wrote: »
    Don't really wish to give my exact location! But live up the back roads near a small village that's all yous are getting.

Never mind the white van, i'm still trying to figure out where you live!

:eek:

Stalker!!!!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

I thought that this was about VRT tax evasion, someone's neighbor trying to avoid being touted out to the revenue men by only driving their northern reg van at night. Seems a bit extreme, but, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

You should just notify the guards tbh, i know they might just say "it might have been people lost" or something but you should let them know anyway, and you should get yourself an alsation or something, or set your house up the kevin from home alone. heat up the door handle n all, would be so funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

Fracture wrote: »
    You should just notify the guards tbh, i know they might just say "it might have been people lost" or something but you should let them know anyway, and you should get yourself an alsation or something, or set your house up the kevin from home alone. heat up the door handle n all, would be so funny.

And play Christmas music all day.

gavmcfad wrote: »
    And play Christmas music all day.

Not a bad idea to secure your home like he did.

Just need feathers and pellet gun.

Advertisement