Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALDI cycling gear 16/09/10

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

route66 wrote: »
    Maybe you know this already, but when I bought an Lidl monitor recently, I found you have to wet - or preferably gel - the inside of the chest strap to get a reliable signal.
    True, a bit of vaseline (altho I'm sure there's a little tub of stuff with an Italian brand name for €60 that will do a much better job), or you can just lick the pads... mmmm... salty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Jawgap wrote: »
    Damn Aldi!! that's what I say.

Hit the local store and got the merino jersey (very nice) and came home. Missus Jawgap arrived in shortly thereafter having also made a pit-stop at the same shop.

Only she bought two storage racks and is adamant that this means my bikes can be condemned to the shed as there'll be plenty of storage space once the racks are set up:mad:

waw waw waaaaaaaaww!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

Do they have any glasses that would help people on bikes see red lights :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

Jawgap wrote: »
    Damn Aldi!! that's what I say.

Only she bought two storage racks and is adamant that this means my bikes can be condemned to the shed as there'll be plenty of storage space once the racks are set up:mad:

You mean you got away with having 4 bikes in the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

RPL1 wrote: »
    You mean you got away with having 4 bikes in the house?

Got away with 3 (one in the kitchen, one in the office and one in the back bedroom!!) on the basis that her bike and the kids bikes took up the allocated spots in the shed. Now the suggestion is that by setting up the racks there'll be two spots in the shed so I can put at least two of my bikes out there.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Pizarro

route66 wrote: »
    Maybe you know this already, but when I bought an Lidl monitor recently, I found you have to wet - or preferably gel - the inside of the chest strap to get a reliable signal.

Thanks, I tried that but no luck. Bought new batteries for the chest piece and it worked like a charm :) Now all I have to do is figure out all the functions!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

I really wanted to get the high vis jacket they had in a size 10-12. Don't suppose anyone got one they don't want...?! If not, any idea where I could get one similar to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I got the over shoes couple of years ago,they were great. Doesn't seem to be included this time.anybody see them in store? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Inbox wrote: »
    I got the over shoes couple of years ago,they were great. Doesn't seem to be included this time.anybody see them in store? Cheers

They were selling overshoes & a cap in a set for 9 bucks. see here .

I thought the recent Lidl gear was better value than the Adli gear. Those shoes they were selling for nearly 40 quid looked rubbish!

Picked up the last bikestand in Parnell Street there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Loads of everything in both Aldi's in carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

sharky86 Loads of everything in both Aldi's in carlow

If there's any chance of you picking me up a jacket and posting it, let me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

What type of jacket are you looking for? the reflective one?
    I'm in Kilkenny during the week but should be dropping into carlow on Tuesday if thats any good for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Have an unwanted pair of the MTB shorts in Large is anyone's interested.

Preferably swap for an XL pair..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Still loads of gear in Limerick roxboro road. Two bike stands loads of merino shirts altho I reckon I got the last medium just there!! Shoes and jerseys jackets still plentiful on most sizes albeit up in a heap
    Marty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

I was in Aldi Arklow lastnight - still loads of soft shell jackets, long sleeve jerseys, long finger gloves, merino tops, some waterproof gear, a few bike stands ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Aldi on the Headford road, Galway, had about 7 or 8 jackets left today, all medium size though :(
    Went in to see if they had any of the padded shorts left, had a few but were XXL :(

Advertisement