Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Stop Misery

Options
  • 07-09-2010 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anyone help me - approx 1 year ago a bus stop was put outside my front gate - it causes misery for us and neighbours - people waiting in our garden, litter and property being stolen and damaged.

What laws, bye laws govern the placing of bus stops and who has control over moving them?

More importantly how do I get moved? Has anyone any experience in this area?

p.s. There is another bus stop up the road less than 75 yards that does not impact on any house

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Gardai have to approve iirc
    Council & DB would be responsible for ongoing of stop.

Get in touch with both of them. Tbh I doubt there's anything you can really do, its on public property.

Put up fencing/gate if people on your property

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Where is this happening? I would expect litter and possible vandalism but why are people standing in your garden waiting for the stop? Seems unusual and no doubt annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I would expect litter and possible vandalism but why are people standing in your garden waiting for the stop? Seems unusual and no doubt annoying

Not that unusual, in the area that I went to school in some of the girls used stand in the garden of the house at the bus stop and smoke. I think they were just trying to be "deadly" tbh.

Could you not maybe get a lock for your gate in order to deter people from going into your garden? Or even something like a "Beware Of The Dogs" sign, you never know, it might just work!

Advertisement