Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenging toys for puppy

Options
  • 07-09-2010 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend some challenging toys to keep a 7mth old cocker entertained? She really hates this rainy weather so won't go outside to play with any of her normal toys so I need to buy some challenging toys to stimulate her inside.

I want things that will keep her occupied for a good while as boredom can lead to a quite destructive dog!!

I have a kong for her which I freeze banana and natural yoghurt and few other things but she just waits for it to melt before she will even bother with it....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I got a kong ball type toy that you fill with dog nuts, I often leave the dogs their breakfast in these. They have to roll them around and the nuts come out slowly, I used them yesterday 'cos of the rain, and it was funny watching them rolling them around trying to get the food out. Took them half an hour to empty them, and they spent another 10 mins checking the room for bits they may have missed:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_toys_dog_training/kongs/kong/139262#more

Is it something like this Mymo - just checking as I don't want to buy something that she can get emptied in 5 mins.

I have bought her toys before thinking she would get great mileage out of them but she hasn't!

That is it, if I really want to keep them busy I rub mashed carrot into the grooves and freeze them overnight, then fill with nuts and give to the dogs.
    I don't use the kong filler stuff as its very expensive, and the dogs weren't keen on it. Once you get the right size(petmania have them so you can see what size you need), the whole should be big enough for the nuts to go in but not to big they fall out 2 or 3 at a time. Depends on what food your feeding and the size of the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I got this for our guy a few weeks ago and it keeps him busy :)

That looks great, must add that to the shopping list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

mymo wrote: »
    That looks great, must add that to the shopping list.
    It's pretty big - I was amazed when i opened the box lol :) Here's our guy with his - worn out from trying to get the food for out of it ages so he took it into his bed to stop it rolling around the floor! :pac::pac:

Advertisement