Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Council Offices Never answering phones

Options
  • 07-09-2010 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

HI

Every timed I need to get things sorted with Dublin City Council I find they never answer their phones. Also the numbers provided on websites are usually invalid/incorrect or ring out. IF you do get through, after about a 20 minute wait you are redirected to some other dept or no. and are on hold again and sometimes the call just hangs up. How frustrating like.........

Are all these people deaf and they can't hear the telephone. Who could "work" with the telephone constantly ringing. Or are all the phones kept locked in a basement room where no one can hear them. Cause that;s what it certainly feels like. Adding a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr for effect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

'Please leave a message after this post'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

And your surprised by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I thought they only speak to people at the desk.

21st Century.. knowledge economy..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Bombard them with emails, if they don't answer, resend the email daily with "can I get a reply to this please?"

It'll work because it's really irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

"Public servants serving the public!" :)

Perhaps, these intelligent people need telephone training? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH -> Dublin.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

really, i have never had any trouble getting through - what department are you looking for ?

just a bit of advice - the city council have flexi time so only phone between 10am -12pm and 2pm - 3.30pm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

irishbird wrote: »
    really, i have never had any trouble getting through - what department are you looking for ?

just a bit of advice - the city council have flexi time so only phone between 10am -12pm and 2pm - 3.30pm

flexi time has nothing to do with it, there is no way in hell a Local authority could get away with only answering calls between 10am -12pm and 2pm - 3.30pm, the lines are manned between 9 and 5 everyday at least, in some departments there are staff there from 8am.
    the problem at the moment OP is the shear amount of calls comming into the DCC office currently.

some people will wait and others just hang up, but there a queing systme thats very accurate tbh.

maybe you could elaborate what department or service you are looking for and 'somebody' could help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

are they on some sort of strike where there not answering phones or something...?
    its the same with the social welfare you ring an ring and get no answer its so annoying you'd only be asking a simple question that you need answerd and you have to drive all the way in find parking and then que up for ages to stand at the desk for less than a min to get your answer :mad:

spider_pig wrote: »
    are they on some sort of strike where there not answering phones or something...?
    its the same with the social welfare you ring an ring and get no answer its so annoying you'd only be asking a simple question that you need answerd and you have to drive all the way in find parking and then que up for ages to stand at the desk for less than a min to get your answer :mad:

nope, no strike!
    you probably would of found the answer online.

as you can guess that all the staff would be pretty busy in the welfare office dealing with the higher demand for social welfare etc due to unemployment.

but funnily enough i have to ring for my grandad the other day in regards to a PRSI treatment thing and i got through after about 5-6 mins on hold.
    it was the fella on the phone that told me about the website and sure enough when i went online, the answer to my question and the form i needed was there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I just dialled the 'contact us' number of 01-2222222 and it was answered immediately. I chose the housing allocations dept from the menu system, and it was answered after 2 rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Welfare offices are mad busy, they are often understaffed

www.citizensinformation.ie
    Most towns have an office so call in and ask
    Or ring their helpline

They'll sort you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

kceire wrote: »
    nope, no strike!
    you probably would of found the answer online.

more of a simple personal question i meant rather then a information one :) i thought there was people employed to answer phones like a secretary of some sort in them places my local one is in dublin city centre so the que does be out the door its so frustrating

more of a simple personal question i meant rather then a information one :) i thought there was people employed to answer phones like a secretary of some sort in them places my local one is in dublin city centre so the que does be out the door its so frustrating

agh get ya, but no theres no secretary employed as such, they do have call centre staff but as you can imagine with the increase in ques at welfare offices, the call centre staff has been reduced somewhat to put more people on the frontline as such and serving people.

Advertisement